Dwindling Supply and Sore Boobs?

greenpear

Mama to my girl + boy <3
Reaction score
Question for those who BF past 12 months - my LO is almost 14 months now and we've gone down to BF 2 times a day and 1 time at night if she wakes (mostly because I started work and luckily she's been a pretty good eater). All was well for a while - I was making the right amount for how much I BF her, but over the past week all of a sudden my supply just plunged I barely make any! Any my boobs feel so sore when she sucks. They are more sensitive overall now too. Is this the end of BF? So sad :cry: I was hoping to go at least till 18 months or even 2 yrs. I thought that it was supply and demand till you wean completely but looks like I just make so much less now and boobs are sore like they were when she was a newborn. Any advice, information why this is?

Thanks! ~ :flower:

This will sound weird, but have you considered taking a pregnancy test. The only thing I can really think of is pregnancy. New teeth might make her latch funny and cause some pain, but if you're absolutely certain your supply has dropped (and if you've been nursing for 13 mo I get the feeling you can tell by now, but out of curiosity what makes you think it's dropped?) pregnancy, hormonal imbalance (I think you'd be complaining about a lot more than supply and pain issues if this were the case), and some thyroid issues (once again, you'd have a lot more than supply issues causing you concern) are the only things I can think of.

Thanks for reply! Hmmm...pregnancy....it's possible isn't it? I still haven't had my period yet so I kind of thought that I couldn't get pregnant. I don't feel sick or anything like that, just tired and I do have less milk - it's not just an adjustment because we already went through adjustment a month ago when I went back to work....I should take a test I guess. I keep getting random cramps here and there and think period is around the corner but it hasn't arrived yet. Anyway, thanks for insight - something to think about :)

If it isn't pregnancy it could be ovulation too. I am really sore a week around ovulation and some people have supply drops around then too.

Could defintiely be a period, a similar sounding thing happened to me but it was before 12 months, and lo and behold my period arrived not long after. For a few days it was as painful as newborn! Thankfully subsequent periods have not been as bad either pain wise or supply wise, and even that first time supply was fine by a week later. xx

Thanks a lot! No period yet...last week's test stain :bfn: don't know if I should retest or just wait to see if :witch: will arrive....Thank you all for replies! I haven't thought about pregnancy or period being a factor but probably it's one of these things

I didn't realize that periods made some sore. I'm glad I know that now! I remember when I was pregnant early on that the pain was very much like the pain in the first week or so of bf. Hope you get whichever result you're hoping for!

Hmmm I'll wait a few days and if AF doesn't come then I'll test and see. Will let you guys know!

Well, it's BFN and boobs are back to normal. My guess it's weird hormone blip. Still no period :shrug:

Oh... that's disappointing. My breasts became sore when my fertility was returning though... I was pregnant within about 6 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->