Dying Hair

SarahJayne_x

Reaction score
i've heard so many mixed things...

basically i read places that its ok to dye hair, just want to check...

having the roots of blonde patches done.. with bleach, but none ever touches the scalp... is this ok?

xx

I think you'll find people who've had this done - but I was pretty sure we were meant to avoid bleaching. I have dark hair though - so I probablly wasn't paying the best attention to this bit ;)

I have been dying my hair blonde when my roots have been coming through right the way through my pregnancy and all is fine. I am not using bleach though as I thought you were meant to avoid this. I am just using the home kits and making sure the room is very very well ventilated.

I am still having highlights done at the hairdressers & it is fine. I have foils so the bleach never touches the scalp anyway. The first time I had it done I was scared it was gonna go green! But it was fine ;-)

i had highlights done but not bleach, its ok because the dye doesnt go on the scalp, im waiting til after birth to dye my hair all over.

thanks girlys...

yeah i have foils too..

so just wanted to be sure :)

xx

Im naturaly blonde but i get foils done with bleach and everything is fine im going in october right before baby comes lol

i had to have my hair stripped and bleached not so long ago and the hairdresser said it was fine to have ya hair done in pregnancy theres no known cases of the baby being damaged or made poorly when the mum has her hair dyed during pregnancy ;) x

I highlighted my hair from the beginning, then went dark brown about a month ago now going back blonde lol! Doesn't seem to havce cause any problems with me, so I say go for it!! x

Hi ladies, you are fine to colour your hair. Bleach is ok but contains more ammonia/peroxide so isn't AS safe as a normal say brown etc . If the colour touches your scalp then it does go into your scalp BUT the amount that then goes into your blood stream is so minimal anyway so i would still go for it :)

Just be aware due to hormones & chemical changes in the body the colour may not turn out correctly :)

Don't worry about it. I've done roots and highlights a few times since I got pg. My doctor said it was fine as long as I did not eat the dye! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->