Dying woman wants IVF, do you agree she should?

I had to chew on this for a few days...and I dont think she should. Not that the new parents wouldnt be good to the baby and for the baby, but he/she wont have his mommy and then with her having a terminally ill disease that increases the odds that the child could have that later. Now, I'm a firm believe in everything happens for a reason and God gives children at his will, so if its his will then it shall be done, but if I were in her shoes, no I wouldn't be doing that...unless God wanted me to.

As a child who experienced losing a parent my gut instinct is no. I don't think it's right to put a child through that.

As a mum I feel a bit different. Expecially as she has plans to make sure the child grows up with parents. For her friend to do that for her what a wonderful gift to be able to do and I think tells a bit about the womens personality that someone would do that for her.

So all in all I'm not sure :haha:

I do not agree with it if im honest and ive mulled this over for a while after reading this thread.

I understand this woman is young but she should spend her last year spending time with her family and friends instead of planning a child imo. I dont want to sound harsh, I can understand the longing for a child but it strikes me as pretty selfish if you ask me. And will she really be in the correct frame of mind to make such a big decision? Won't it make facing dying all the more difficult for her? It will already be hellish as it is.

We can all sit and say we do not know what the future holds but this woman does :shrug: She will care for the baby till she dies? What form such a close bond with a child knowing full well that sooner rather than later someone else will be taking over? Is that fair on the child? Im not sure it is. If the friend who will be the surrogate had issues with her eggs and the donation was purely that then thats different but to allow your friend to have your child with the intent of looking after it till you die then giving the child to them to raise seems completely irrational to me. As someone else said a child is not a commodity.

Hope ive not offended anyyone and ive enjoyed reading peoples views :flower:

Eeeeeww this makes my skin crawl.

I wouldn't let my husband's sperm fertalise a female friend's egg even if she was my best friend. Gross.

The fact that she's dying makes it even worse.

SELFISH imo.

I wouldn't let my husband's sperm fertalise a female friend's egg even if she was my best friend. Gross.

SELFISH imo.

To be honest its far from gross. Unfortuately some people have to have children this way, and its great we have people in this world willing to help those who need it by doing this.

SELFISH imo.

To be honest its far from gross. Unfortuately some people have to have children this way, and its great we have people in this world willing to help those who need it by doing this.

A bit too close to home when your husband fertilises your friends egg!

Well if you're then willing to have your friends egg implanted in you, and carry it as if it's your own, then it's going to be pretty close to home anyway. I'd prefer it to be my husbands sperm than some other random!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->