Dylan Michael Duffy ~ 09/05/2009 (born on due date!!)

ribboninthesky

Proud Mum of 3! :o)
Reaction score
First chance I've had to get some time to sit and type out my birth story!

Friday 8th May ~ Today was my son's 13th birthday. All day I'd been having niggling pains which I knew weren't BH, but weren't strong enough for me to let anyone know as I didn't want to worry them!

Son's friend came to stay the night and at around 8pm the pains started getting worse so come 10pm I started to time them.

Rang the labour ward and was advised to wait a couple of hours and if things were still the same, to make our way up there.

The plan initially had been to ring my Dad, then he was going to come here to watch the kids while we went to the hospital, BUT he had been at the races all day so was at home worse for wear. We didn't want to bother him so I rang my Mum (mum and dad are now divorced) and she came over to sit with the kids.

Got to the hospital and was told nothing was happening and to go home! :(

Got back home, sent Mum back home and me and Steve went to bed. He slept but I couldn't and by 4am the pain had me in tears so it was up again and back in the car to the hospital.

Finally at 5.15am was told something was happening, albeit slowly.

At 6am, OMG the pains were sooooo bad. I was an absolute mess, midwife wouldn't even give me gas and air but I knew I wasn't just making a scene having already had 2 babies!

6.30ish I was allowed some gas and air. First few goes on it were fine, but after that it was horrible. With each contraction I struggled to breathe, which then made me panic, it was horrendous, I'd never felt pain like it and they were coming so close together so I didn't even have anytime to speak, let alone get my head together between each one.

Steve was an absolute star, I honestly don't think I could have done it without him!

At 8am I was TOLD (after being asked numerous times lol) to get onto the bed (I'd been standing leaning over it) otherwise baby would be making an appearance on the floor lol

I got onto the bed, was checked over and told I was ready to push. I thought 'oh freakin hell, here we goooooooo'. Steve said 'come on supermum, you can do it' and I don't know why but I stuck up my arm like superman does when he's flying :rofl: so then I grabbed hold of Steve around his neck lol and pushed with all of my might.

5 minutes of pushing and our beautiful baby son was born at 8.25am on the 9th May!

Me and Steve were both in tears, looked at each other, and both said 'we did it!!' it was SO emotional! :blush:

We were told he was 9lb 10oz.......only to find out a week later that he was actually 9lb on the dot at birth ~ the hospital has cocked up with the conversion from gramms to lbs and oz's :dohh:

We were back home for 1.30pm the same afternoon ~ the rest of the day seemed a blur, we were so tired and spaced out but kept looking at each other with big grins on our faces lol

Here are a few pics of our gorgeous little guy...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/kingofthekerb/DYLAN%20090509/DSC00002.jpg

Us looking VERY tired lol...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/kingofthekerb/DYLAN%20090509/DSC00007.jpg

3 days old...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/kingofthekerb/DYLAN%20090509/DSC00057.jpg

aw hes beautiful well done you!! congrats :D

hes gorgeous hun congrats and well done xx

Wow what a story! You are indeed supermom!

He is gorgeous, congratulations :D

xxx

Thanks girls!!

Forgot to say ~ I didn't need stitches, so that makes 3 births and no stitches with any ~ go me lol! x

awww, he's gorgeous - congratulations! xx

And definitely go you - 3 births with no stitches is AMAZING :) xx

omg he is soooo cute! :cloud9: congratulations! :hugs:

He is gorgeous hun, Congratulations xx

Massive congrats! I know you from MSE too, small world aint it?! What a gorgeous little man!! xx xx xx

hahahaha!!! YOU DID IT!!!! Congratulations!!!!
SO happy for you!
LP
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back