E.A.S.Y Routine

Beth09

Reaction score
Does anyone follow this? do your babies sleep through? Did it take a few days to get into the routine? Is there anything you dont do that she says to do? Also do you wake your baby to fit in with the routine, like now Zach is fast asleep and i dont know if he will be awake for the 8pm cluster feed should i wake him? Sorry for all the questions x

I didn't read the whole of the relevant book, nor do I follow the EASY rigidly but Adam has loosely fallen into that pattern, and he did it himself by about 6 or so weeks. He's been sleeping through from about then as well. All I made sure to do was to not let him go right to sleep after feeding even if he looked drowsy, but to put him in his bouncy chair for 20-30 mins and then change his nappy, then put him in his moses basket, when he tends to drop off pretty easily.

We *don't* do this at night-time though, he gets his last bottle when he's all ready for bed. Goes to bed awake and is usually asleep without too much fussing in 10-15 mins, sometimes less.

I followed some of the tips and it worked a treat for us :D
You really only need to use the parts that work well for you.

We used the feeding 3 hourly & nap times were similar but the thing that didnt work so well for us was the activity time as we couldnt get Connah to have the suggested amount of activity...he just got over stimulated xx

Thanks for the replies, most people do tend to say they dont follow it step by step! Zach usually feeds at these times anyway but naps at different times, but he's not great at feeding, he gets sleepy sometimes or he spits up half way through so has a break and 15 mins later wants some more but doesnt always even finish 4 oz!

we tried this but the activity after feeding didnt work as my daughter always crashes out during or straight after a feed. Maybe it will work better when she is a bit older. What i do follow is the cluster feeding and the dream feed which has worked a treat for us. I think u need to just adapt bits of it to suit you and baby.

Ryan follws the order of EASY but his nap times are nowhere near what they 'should' be on EASY. He'll only sleep for 30 mins during the day so we are kind of stuck on the 2-hour routine but that suits Ryan as he really still can't go longer than 2.5 hours between feeds - apparently his dad was the same until he was 9 months old!!!

As others have said just use the bits that suit your baby. I'm still struggling to find a method of getting Ryan to sleep better during the day as he fights it so hard.

We used it pretty much accurately from about 6 weeks (Ruby was already sleeping 7 hour stretches at night by then) to 4 months. Then we moved onto the 4 hour EASY instead of the 3 hour one and it went to pot, Ruby was fine on 4 hourly feeds but couldn't be awake for as long as she suggested, neither did she nap as long.

But I would do it again if/when I have another LO, from birth. I absolutely swear by waking for feeds in the day, and not associating feeding with sleeping, and those ideas are big features of the routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->