"E" name for a girl ?? US

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
I've been looking on here and I've noticed that names are very personal and vary greatly by country, but I'm gonna ask opions anyway. Maybe someone will introduce me to something different or unusual.
here goes:
I have two boys Elijah and Ethan. Both are pronounced with the long /e/ sound at the beginning. Dh wants to choose the girls name cause I chose the boys. We want to stick with an E name so #3 won't feel left out. Dh likes Elysia (kinda like Alicia with an E). What do you think? I kinda like the way he pronounces it but I'm not sure about the spelling. I feel everyone will call her Alyssa or something else. I wish I could explain better but don't know how to sound it out for you.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how it would be pronounced, so she would probably continue to get that throughout her life.

If you're wanting to stick with the same long "E" sound, I like Eden, Edith, Eve or Eva.

Additional suggestions for E names that I like:
Elise
Elsie
Ebony
Emma
Elizabeth
Ella

I'm not sure how to pronounce it either. When I read it, I pronounce it Eh-lee-zia in my head not Alicia. Other suggestions

Eliza
Elisa
Elodie
Evangeline

I love the sound of the name but wouldn't be sure how to say it. That said people get used to names very easily.

I kind of agree with Buffyx...I'm not sure how to pronounce it.
Alicia is sometimes pronounced [Ah-lee-sha], or [Ah-li-see-ya]...

I love Eden, Edith, Elaina, and Evie...all with the long E sound.

Hello, neighbor! :haha:

I think it's a pretty name. I'd probably say it wrong though, but it's amazing how hard people find general names to begin with (I wish I had a nickel for every time someone couldn't say Marie correctly). So I wouldn't let that stop you.

We went with Evelyn/Evie. It's an older name, and I liked how we could shorten it to make it more fun/easier for her to say/spell to start out with. Evie has the long e sound at the beginning too. :flower:

How about spelling it 'Elisha' like Elisha Cuthbert. People might say 'uh-lee-shuh' but Ee-ly-sha seems nicer.

I was going to suggest Elisa before I opened your post!

Other suggestions:

Elisheva :winkwink:
Eliana
Eliora
Estelle
Esther
Emma/ Emily/ Emmy
Elisha

Disclaimer: I'm not in the US

A few more to add to the list:

Emmeline
Everly
Erin
Emmanuelle
Esme
Edith
Effie
Ellenie
Estella/Estelle
Evelyn
Evie
Enya
Elowyn
Eva
Enid
Eliza
Elva

I'm not sure how you plan to pronounce it either?? :shrug:

I'm in the US and I've heard the name Alicia pronounced "uh-lee-sha" / "uh-lease-ee-uh" / and even "uh-lish-uh".

My first inclination when i saw Elysia was to pronounce it "el-leash-uh" - but the more i stared at it and thought about each letter sound, the more i realized it could potentially be mispronounced to sound exactly like your son's name - Elijah.

My fav E names are:

Eden
Everly
Elaina
Estella
Elisa
Eliana/Ella
Elizabella
Eva
Emily

I would think it was Alyssa! How about,

Eden
Elidh
Eilish (though I don't know how that would sound in American lol, it's pronounced Ay-lish)
Eva
Evie
Eliza
Emily
Ellie
Ella
Esther

I think Elena would be lovely. Other suggestions would be:
Elaine
Eleanor
Eileen
Echo
Elissa (another name for Dido, the legendary queen of Carthage according to behindthename)
Eliza
Ella/Elle
Emmeline nn Emme (super cute on baby and would age well!)
Esme (ranked #929 last year in the US and means "esteemed" or "loved")
Estelle
Evelyn

Eliza
Elise
Emerson (which here in the uk I think of as a boys name but I think its unisex)
Emma
Emilia
Emily
Eleanor
Elsa

I'm assuming you're trying to pronounce it "EE-leash-uh" I actually knew a girl who's name was pronounced that way but it was spelled Ealisha.

I kind of agree with Buffyx...I'm not sure how to pronounce it.
Alicia is sometimes pronounced [Ah-lee-sha], or [Ah-li-see-ya]...

you are the closest. Dh pronounces it Elycia as (E-lee-see-ah). I like Elise (E-lee-s). Feel Eliza is too class to Ds#1 (Elijah who we call Eli (long e and long I))
my name is tawny (tah-nee) and so many people can not pronounce it!! Its a color, an eagle, and a wine! It's not that uncommon!! I don wan me little girl to go through her life way I did! To this day I have an aunt that calls me Toni (where did that even come from?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->