• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ear infection

jessmke

Reaction score
I am in so much pain! I saw the doctor and am taking antibiotics, and am alternating between ibuprofen and Tylenol every 2 hrs but it is doing nothing for the pain. A hot compress helps but I can't keep running to the kitchen every 10 min through the night to re-heat it. My OH is away for work and won't be home for two more days, my DD has been up with night terrors tonight, the baby has a cold and keeps coughing himself awake and needing boob to get back to sleep. I am suffering and I just need some sleep and relief from this pain and pressure. I'm going to see if my friend who runs a dayhome can take DD at least for the morning tomorrow, but the baby is breastfeeding and won't take a bottle so I have to keep him with me. No real point to this post, I am just sitting here exhausted and crying at 1 am and needed to get it out. Closest family is 6 hrs away and our friends all work so I have no one to help me.

First of all :hugs:

I had a double ear infection last week and it was the most miserable and most pain I’ve had in my adult life (I think I preferred labour!) my only advice is to keep taking pain killers and that it does get better. My hearing is still off (can hear myself really loudly but can’t tell what I sound like to other people and how loud/quiet im being almost 2 weeks later :() I heated up a cloth with boiling water and put it in a plastic sandwich bag- seemed to keep warm longer than the wheat bag I was using if that’s any help!

Hang in there mama, it’ll soon pass xxx

I'm so sorry. Ear pain is horrid. My dd had a double ear infection 2 weeks ago. For her, I used a heating pad. Turned it on low and put a thin cloth over it and had her lay her head on it. Would that be an option? Hope you get some relief soon.

You poor thing, ear infections are horrendous :(

Thanks ladies. After a miserable couple of days the pain killers seem to be working, so although I still feel a lot of pressure it isn't so painful anymore. Last night DD slept all night and DS was only up twice for a quick feed so things are looking up.

I couldn't imagine having a double infection, its horrendous enough just in one ear!

Ear infections are so painful! I'm glad that you're starting to feel better now and I hope that you're fully recovered soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->