Earliest sweep??

xblondiex

Reaction score
I was offered a sweep today but the doc disagreed and said it would put baby in distress? Im ten days under my dd x

My midwife said they wouldn't do a sweep until at the earliest 1 day after due date so I'm booked in weds? Did they say why they offered it so early?x

They do them at 39 weeks here if you're looking favourable.

Yea i was offered it because baby is losing weight they told me theyd measure him today and they didnt. I was then told id need to be induced then they said it would distress my baby so leaving me for another week :( where is it they offer them at 39 weeks? X

They offer the sweep here as well at 39 weeks. I am in Calgary, AB, Canada.

My consultant did mine 9 days early was due on29th of November had sweep on the 20th had a big show on the 22nd-23rd water went on 23rd Anna-grace born 25th . Sweeps don't work straight away can take days and often you need 2or 3 so I was fine with starting then early I had , had enough and consultant was great . Xx

My doctor has offered one at 38 weeks for me, My son was 9lbs at 39 weeks, so my doctor wants to try to not let me go over due just in case I'm having another large baby

I think it's different everywhere.

But a sweep will only work if your body is ready.

Best of luck :)

Thanks i think ill be having 1 on thursday if hes not here by then. Are they painful? How long do they take? X

They can be a bit uncomfortable it just depends on how favourable your cervix is.

Iv had plenty of internals before which wasnt too bad so i think ill be alright :)

My dr office will do it at 38 weeks, and every week after if you still haven't gone into labor. I find them pretty uncomfortable, and a little painful. They are slightly worse than checking your cervix - but not too bad. Takes about 5 seconds and then it's all done!

I had one with my last at 37 weeks because with my previous i had gone horribly overdue and i was measuring large and having terrible sciatica to the point where i was falling a lot and it was a danger to me and baby but im fairly sure that's the earliest and he said it was a "partial sweep" whatever that means. Lol.

At any rate it still took about a week and a half before LO came afterwards.

The sweep itself was.. uncomfortable but not the worst thing in the world by any means.

They don't hurt hun I hardly felt mine with harry and it worked too he arrived next day :)
If I go over with this one ( due tomorrow ) I will def have one :)

I want him to come that quick that i guess it would be worth it if it did hurt a little. Im due on thursday bit if babys dropped weight i think theyll be givin me a sweep im excited but scared haha! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->