Earliest you can get a GENDER SCAN

I just joined and made a post. Man I HOPE its a boy!!!!!!!

What if it's not?!? One thing you can do nothing about I'm afraid!

thanks for your help! :happydance:

Sorry if that came across as rude, it's just having struggled through IVF to get this far, we're grateful for whatever gender comes our way.

I pray your IVF is successful and I hope you have a healthy baby boy or girl! :baby::thumbup:

Thanks, check out the ticker - it was!!!:dance:
Got FX for your blue scan! x

:)

This is a useful post! I'm talking about getting a scan next week (15/16 weeks) and asking for them to take a guess on the sex...so far I've just been told that it's too early and people will refuse...fair warning (we are in the UK at the moment and I've already found people in the US to be more helpful for doing what I want, rather than what they think is right....) but if it's possible to have a baby at least somewhat accurately sexed at 13 weeks or before, then 15/16 weeks should at least be plausible to have a good guess!

Good luck Loki :) I would guess girl :lol:

xx

This is a useful post! I'm talking about getting a scan next week (15/16 weeks) and asking for them to take a guess on the sex...so far I've just been told that it's too early and people will refuse...fair warning (we are in the UK at the moment and I've already found people in the US to be more helpful for doing what I want, rather than what they think is right....) but if it's possible to have a baby at least somewhat accurately sexed at 13 weeks or before, then 15/16 weeks should at least be plausible to have a good guess!

xx

I think it's a cultural thing in that when you're in the US you are a paying customer where as over here, even when we go private there is still a kind of different out look with us having an NHS. I dont know where you are over here or when you're going home but at 16 wks plus most of the UK scanning places will do you a private gender scan, so long as you understand it's early and they might get it wrong. ;)

xx

I posted the pics on ingender.com and most of the pros say its a boy. Time will tell.

i had a gender scan at 17 weeks and told it was a boy but actually im having a girl her parts were still very swollen making her look like she was a boy! at 11 weeks theres just no telling they look pretty much the same

xx

My Midwife told me you have to wait untill between 16 weeks + to be sure on the gender.

i was told at my 12 week scan that i was "probably"having a girl...obviously they could have been mistaken so woulda have been re scanned to see the sex.

i had a gender scan at 17 weeks and told it was a boy but actually im having a girl her parts were still very swollen making her look like she was a boy! at 11 weeks theres just no telling they look pretty much the same

xx

it was really 11w 6d. So pretty much 12 weeks

xx

it was really 11w 6d. So pretty much 12 weeks

12 weeks is still very early. Thats why private clinics dont start doing gender scans until 16 weeks minium. The NHS wouldnt even hazard a guess at a 12 week scan but like people have mentioned some people can tell by the nub theory although that isnt totally accurate. The genitals at 12 weeks still look very much the same

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->