Early 30's TTC #1

Hey all,

Congrats on the new babes mrsmax and mouse! You'll be soon Pttc! :yipee: And hello to everyone; hope all is well.

As for me, things are going well. And i'm starting to feel a little anxious as i approach 30 weeks - this kid will be here sooner than later. Gulp. i better get my shit together! i'm going to head to my journal now to update if you're interested in all the boring details :sleep:

K

Will check it out Aisak, can't believe how far along you are! You feeling ok?? x

hi feeding eva so typing one handed again. mrsp i cant believe how close you are getting!! when do you start mat leave

you asked about newborn clothes. eva is still in hers and 0-3 us way too big. i have friends who still in newborn at 6 weeks. if anything we didnt have enough newborn clothes...it is a fine balance i think. also most peopple buy you 0-3 so worth buyijg a few newborn babygros i you havent already.

msj - how you doing. is amelia sleeping at all

Hi ladies!! :hi: typing on my phone...mrsp r u next?? So soon!!

Aisik, good to hear from u! Off to read ur journal. 30 weeks was a milestone for me!

Jack and I are in Arizona til tomorrow morning. We met a bnb friend too! Have to get up at 3:30 am for the airport tho so I'm totally dreading that. Excited to be going home...miss dh. Going to start oatmeal when we get home so I'm looking forward to that!

Nothing else new...

Hi gals, looks like some of you got your :baby: Congrats!

TTC for 12 months now and not one single :bfp:. Hubby and I are both healthy and in early 30's and still no luck.

Here's to hoping.

Mrsmax I start maternity a week Friday! Soooo can't wait, though I'll miss my team mates. Wish I could go earlier but then I'd need to take more smp so we'd be worse off financially. Sorry if you've already said but how long are you taking off?

Great to hear she's fine in newborn clothes, I've just heard some babies over 8lbs aren't fitting in them very long, I've got quite a few newborn outfits, a handful of up to 1month & some 0-3 so I'm pretty well prepared, I'm hoping people buy mostly 3-6 or 6-9! Though some nice pink or blue newborn or 0-3 would be nice! Some babies are so big they don't fit in newborn at all, I'd be gutted lol.

Ah how nice you've met up with a BnB friend Rosa! Hope you've enjoyed yourself. Don't blame you missing dh though. And yes I AM NEXT - eek!!

I had another dream last night my LO was a girl..... It kept me awake during the night kicking for the first time ever last night, I'm a light sleeper but it seemed to sleep when I slept (good routine) but uh oh not last night, hope it was a one off :winkwink:

Spanishgirl welcome to BnB, what have the docs said? The majority of us on this thread took well over 18months/2 years for our BFP's & some IVF & IUI successes. Hope you get there soon.

Soleil, jogu,regal, how are you guys! Come back soon!

x

Lol my turn to be typi g one handed on my phone as feeding Amelia.

Yay for 30 weeks Aisak. Its amazing the way time seems to fly but also drag.

Rosa - how cool you got to meet another bnb lady. Yuck 330am start - I wouldn't be looking forward to it either though chances are I will be awake at that time lol.

MrsP - I didn't buy much newborn clothes as I was concerned about having a big baby (I was 9lb6oz so there was a chance that Amelia could be big). Thankfully we have friends with babies so Amelia scored a stack of hand me downs otherwise I would be washing constantly. Amelia is definitely going to be in newborn for a little while I think. Yay for maternity leave !!

Amelia seems to be sleeping reasonably well at night thankfully. Waking after about 3hrs or so though today she just doesn't want to be put done. Currently sitting feeding her while watching The Proposal on TV and surfing bnb. In love with our cloth nappies. We are using during the day and disposables at night. Hoping to eventually go cloth full time - just need to order some more.

Thanks msj, what was amelia born again?? I'm pleased she's being good for you & good on you for using cloth nappies :thumbup: its not something I'll be doing but I admire you for it! :flower:

x

Amelia was 6lb6oz so really rather tiny. She now weighs 6lb12.5oz but the 0000 size (aus newborn size) is still pretty big on her.

I decided on cloth in an effort to try and save money in the long term. They are actually surprising easy to use - i use a liner so can throw out the poop then just a rinse cycle and then a wash cycle and hang on the line to dry. It helps we usually have good weather for drying. Not sure i would consider cloth if i had to use the dryer a lot. Plus they are so cute :)

MrsP - Zach wore newborn and up to one month clothes for about 2 weeks (apart from Matalan newborn which comes up really big I think) and is pretty much grown out of his 0-3 month stuff now. He was 9lb 2oz when he was born, but to be honest the problem we have is with length, he's just too long for them, although I must say the 3-6 month stuff are big around the waist/middle!

9lb 2 Pink? Ouch! :wacko: at least they did fit him for a bit lol. Yeah I guess sometimes its not the weight, it's the length, you could have a large 9lb baby, or a small but heavy 9lb baby which could fit newborn for a while :shrug:

Oh yes MsJ your weather certainly helps! I'm a bit put off the cloth nappies as I used to be a nursery nurse & we had an older baby who used them, but I'm sure they were second hand, and she wasn't the cleanest of babies, or from the cleanest of families for that matter & they used to smell :wacko: I know they're not all like that, it was just that particular family but it's one of those things you always remember, I can still smell it now! :rofl:

x

Yeah that sounds gross. I can completely understand - yuck. I remember my mum used cloth nappies on my little sister (19years ago) and I didn't think I would want to use them as they seemed like so much work - soaking and folding, pinning yourself with the safety pin when you put them on.

Eee yes they've come a long way since then! I remember the same with my younger brother. We were trained in college how to fold & pin a proper terry nappy but I never needed it as the little girl I looked after had the more modern versions with velco (still going back 12 years though.) My MIL still has some of DH's terry nappies, they're immaculate & she uses them as dusters! :rofl: x

Mummies/mommies, how long before your birth did your baby's head engage? I was seen today & nothing was said but have noticed on my notes it's 3/5. I'm not getting excited as I knw it could stay like that a long time, but at least it's moving in the right direction & am curious!

x

No idea as they didn't really mention it when I saw my ob.

Sorry. :shrug:

I was 3/5 from about 30/32 weeks - I thought it would mean she came early :doh:

Ha ha so that's put that theory to bed ha ha! :haha: Better to be engaged than not though I guess!

Question, what are you ladies using to change nappies, wipes or cotton wool & water? Am hearing conflicting things about johnsons extra sensitive wipes which are supposed to be as gentle as water & can be used from birth...

x

I think I was 3/5ths at about 34 weeks, lost my plug 32 weeks and he was still late :D

I used wipes from the first day for poo nappies and cotton wool for wet ones for a few days but then totally wipes and he's always been fine xx

cotton wool and water for first two weeks - now baby wipes (Johnsons and Huggies have both been fine).

Thanks ladies, I'm a bit OCD & just can't see how the water cleans them properly...will see what they say at the antenatal class & will also ask my mw x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->