early early teething - help??

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I'm convinced my son is teething
He has the following symptoms:

*A ton of drool!
*Often tries to rub his cheek with his arm
*If you get your hand near his mouth he immediately tries to suck you like a barracuda!
*He is irritable for no reason
*He has a raised part of his gum, like a thin line on the top gum.

Anyway i saw a doctor to ask her ( wasn't my regular doctor, it was a pediatrician), as i wanted her to confirm if he is in fact teething. I believe if he is in pain he should be given some baby medicine to help him, but she said its too early to give him stuff even if he is teeting.
I know it is early but I'm sure hes teething.

I know there are toys out there i can buy to put in the freezer and let him chew on to help him, but is there anyone out there who gave their baby meds to help at this young age? what would you do if you were me?
Get a second opinion? ( from my regular family doctor who i trust)

Well max started teething at 2 months too and theres not much you can give them , most stuff starts at 3 months so we need to tough it out I did however give him a tad of oragel for babies one night as he was beet red and flaying in pain ..

i do have meds that you can give from 3 kgs and up, they are just painkillers

Well max started teething at 2 months too and theres not much you can give them , most stuff starts at 3 months so we need to tough it out I did however give him a tad of oragel for babies one night as he was beet red and flaying in pain ..

how were u sure its teething and do you see a tooth yet?

Rocco is teething already too and we give him Ashton and Parsons powder (available from Boots) and it works great with him. There is also Bonjela suitable from 2+ months.

Ted is starting too. WE have Calpol which is 2 months + and Ashtons powders which I hear are good but I'm yet to be convinced if they're helping or if Ted was just destracted by the taste.

well i guess im not the only one with an early starter!

I think Grace might be teething too. She's extra drooly and has a lot of bubbly spit. And she sucks and chews on anything that she can get her hands on

My lo has 5 teeth, all just poking through his gums and he is 8 weeks!!! I was actually born with 2. My doctor gave him calpol at 6 weeks but told us only to give him 2 ml as it was measured by his weight. Speak to you H/V about calpol or your regular dr, good luck xx

Isis also started really early, around the same time. She has still yet to cut a tooth though! poor girl has had a rough time with it.

Things that would help though, was basically letting her chew on my finger lol. Also, she liked having her bottle with cool formula, teething rings, cool cloth.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->