Early LH surge. Very confused!

G

gembex

My cycles are quite irregular. Sometimes 26 days sometimes 30!

Well yesterday I used a LH test strip and it came up positive, and again today (but faint).

OH and I went away yesterday and DTD and again this-morning.

He's had to go away now though. I'm confused as to my chances being as the test came up so early on on my cycle. Also not sure if our timing was right!

What do you ladies think?

Ta xx

i got pregnant within 3 days of my period ending with my first (also irregular periods, tho either 28, 33 or 35 days every time) so it seems entirely possible to me!

good luck :)

What day are you in your cycle? I too think I might be O'ing early this month. I had EWCM this morning at CD10, which is early for me and not what I predicted. Hmm....

I also have heard that some women's bodies get ready to O, then don't, and then a few days later do actually O, so you might get two LH surges, with the second being O time....

I am going to use my LH strips today, as I didn't expect to need them so quickly so I haven't been keeping track. Plus mine are cheapies and I'm not sure how good they are...

Def. not too early. Don't forget you can ovulate up to 72 hours after your +OPK (but most of the time up to 48 hours). I used to have 28 days cycle, but after I got AF back 12 weeks post partum I got a positive OPK on CD 8 and ovulated on CD10:winkwink: I'm glad I trusted my instinct and tested because sure enough we caught the eggie:happydance:

Oh this gives me hope. It was such an unexpected +'ve OPK that we just booked a hotel and went a bit crazy for 18hrs (TMI)! I'm just hoping it works out. The OPK's have been fading today. EWCM present and all the right cervical signs!

Please could everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed for me. I had a chemical the month before last, so still reeling from that! Plus been TTC for a year!

My cycles are quite irregular. Sometimes 26 days sometimes 30!

Well yesterday I used a LH test strip and it came up positive, and again today (but faint).

OH and I went away yesterday and DTD and again this-morning.

He's had to go away now though. I'm confused as to my chances being as the test came up so early on on my cycle. Also not sure if our timing was right!

What do you ladies think?

Ta xx

When you say faint- was it still as dark as the control line? It has to be as dark or darker than the control line for it to be positive x

Good luck gembex! I hope you get your BFP!

I am at CD10 too, and have been asking around - it does seem that a number of women O around this time, so it's not out of the question! Glad you took full advantage of the situation ;)

Thank you Madeleine. Hopefully we may both get our BFP's this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->