Early loss - will this affect ovulation?

peacebaby

Finally a mama
Reaction score
hi everyone

I tested positive at 12DPO and had all the normal BFP symptoms - was thrilled but it suddenly ended at what I figure must have been 1-2weeks yesterday with cramps and heavy bleeding. Seems to have been problem with implantation.So disappointed and sad,but onward and upward! I expected to have a normal AF but it seems there is no actual bleeding today -so just a 1 day AF/early loss.

We would really like to try again this next cycle but I'm wondering what to expect? will this very short AF affect my OV dates? If anyone has been through this, i would love to hear from you.

thanks and good luck to all !

*i think* i went through something similar in Oct'10. i say I think because I never tested so i cannot say for sure that I was pregnant, but my bleeding that month was totally different - heavier and at the wrong time (and i am very regular).
i got pregnant the following month (ended in MC unfortunately) and when i had the scan (at what I thought was 7 weeks) i was told i was 6 weeks, so I prob ovulated late that cycle.
I'm sure other ladies here will give you less vague advise, but i just wanted to share my experience. :flower:

thanks kosh...it does kinda make sense though that if your period is at a different time then you probably OV at a different time than you would normally.

good luck !

thanks kosh...it does kinda make sense though that if your period is at a different time then you probably OV at a different time than you would normally.

good luck !

and also that if you were pregnant your hormone levels may take longer to get back to normal to start the new cycle so that then Ov maybe delayed.

When I had a chemical pregnancy as they called it.....early loss, I bled for a couple of days quite heavily I counted that's as cd1. I then ovulated on day 19....... I remember because I also conceived my little man that month :) I normally Ovd on day 12. Youre really fertile after a loss so good luck this time round xx

Hi there!

I was pregnant and miscarried on March 4th and 5th. MUCH lighter than normal bleeding, to the point where it would start and stop in bits and spurts with light pink and brown spotting in between. I just *felt* something was wrong. I was still testing positive on pregnancy tests and my cramping wasn't at all bad either, so I thought I was still pregnant. Then I got really bad back pain on March 10th and tested again and couldn't see a line at all when they were really dark the week before. The next day I went to the Emerg and they tested my hcg which was at a 2. Confirmed early miscarriage. That was on March 11th.

On to why I am telling you this. In the meantime I was the same as you; not having any idea how this would affect my ovulation if at all. I was CONVINCED I was safe for the month because I had counted as I regularly would from the first day of bleeding from the miscarriage based on my normal cycles. I even had EWCM and the whole deal. Sooooo, on March 17th I told my OH that we were safe until I got my period which was due 5 days later. (Following?) haha!

All that to say that on March 26th - exactly NINE days after confirming that my HCG was only 2 and I had miscarried I tested POSITIVE AGAIN. So that means that I would have done one of two things; either I ovulated twice OR I ovulated WHILE I was miscarrying. My doctor looked right at me and told me that it is impossible for me to be pregnant, and to not get my hopes up because she was that certain that the tests I had done (FRER digital, FRER stick, Equate stick, CB stick - ALL positive plus the one in her office which was also positive) were as a result of residual fetal tissue because I hadn't bled enough.

Off I go for an ultrasound. No baby but an endometrial lining which was 1.5cm thick. The OB at the hospital comes out all serious telling me that if I bleed at all - anything at all to get to emerg right away because they can't find why I am producing HCG. There was NO residual tissue in there. I KNEW I was pregnant and that it was a new one. Bottom line - the same day I had the ultrasound my blood HCG was 57 and 5 days later it was 1010!

Moral of my winded story (sorry!) is that from what I understand, miscarriage really plays games with your ovulation, and you won't really *know* when it happens until you get a normal AF in between.

Best to you, and I hoped that helped! :)

Edited to add I am 39. I was 38 when I got pregnant the first time and had a birthday in the middle of all this confusion!

Hi ive just had an early misscarriage too (literally in day 5 of it now ) my doc told me today that this would mess my next month up but to just keep takin the folic acid and have lots of bd xxxxxxx good luck xxxxxxx

Thanks for the replies everyone...very helpful.

Yes, I now realise that I shouldn't expect this next cycle to be "normal". In my first post i said it was just 1 day of bleeding...boy was I wrong! It was stop-start until Wed evening when the heavy bleeding and shedding of matter hit like an avalanche.just been through 2 days of such heavy bleeding that I am now so weak. Of course this will throws my cycle out completely and my body will need time to heal itself so I'm going to mentally let go of the urge to TTC immediately and just let things take their course.

best wishes all !

BEG19 - so it sounds like you are pregnant now? Did your doctor confirm? I am on a similar cycle and M/C date as yours.... I am on day 38 since my m/c and just because I am getting anxious I decided to take a HPT today (just to see) and it came back BFP.

Would it be possible to have a positive result still from my miscarriage on 3/14? I had very heavy bleeding and believe I passed all the tissued. I also went to my doctor for a couple weeks after the M/C to be sure that my HCG went down:

3/14 - M/C and HCG about 300 (went to ER)
3/17 - HCG about 150
3/23 - HCG at 8

On my last appointment 3/23 they told me I was good and did not need to come back. I can't imagine that the 8 HCG I had about a month ago could turn a HPT positive...? The test level for the one I took says HCG of 20. I've only done the BD twice since my M/C so I can't imagine I'm pregnant, but I guess it could be slightly possible.

Any thoughts? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->