Early OV?????

glitterbug

Mum with growing tum
Reaction score
Hi girls. Bit confused here. Anyone OV as early as CD 11? I have EWCM (sorry TMI) and had it since yesterday! :blush: AF not due until around the 22nd so not quite sure if this is a good thing or not??? I don't temp or use OPK as we've only been trying since the beginning of March so this is all I can go by! I'm pretty sure I had this on day 10 last month so it would make sense, just that all the books say this is too early!

Hi - afraid I have no idea, but it doesn't sound too unreasonable that it could be. I assume CD14 would be "average" and some people seem to be getting a few days after, so you're only a few days the other way.

I don't really know cos I'm not temping or ov testing either - just saying the week-10 days in the middle of the cycle should probably hit it!

x

Hi - afraid I have no idea, but it doesn't sound too unreasonable that it could be. I assume CD14 would be "average" and some people seem to be getting a few days after, so you're only a few days the other way.

I don't really know cos I'm not temping or ov testing either - just saying the week-10 days in the middle of the cycle should probably hit it!

x

Thanks hun! Some of the ladies on here know so much and i feel like a complete div for not knowing stuff like this! I wanted to be all cool and just BD when we felt like it and see what happened, but now I suddenly feel the need to know EXACTLY when is the best time and symptom spot like mad!

Good luck to you. Think i'm gonna go for the "some time in the middle" theory and see if it works!:rofl:

My theory hasn't worked for the past 2 months, but I did come straight off the pill into TTC so I'm not too upset about it. Will let you know next week whether it worked this time....

x

Hey hun xx Yes it is possible, i OV'd on CD12. How long are your cycle's, mine are average 26 days.
I have just started charting and its great to know when i have OV'd, been doing it for 2 months now and have Ov'd around the same time.
Before charting i thought i Ov'd on CD14 and that the sperm needed 3 days to be at its best :rofl: . So for months me and OH missed my OV day DOH!!

xxx

The time between ovulation and your AF arriving is the most important phase. Ideally, this should be between 10 and 16 days so if you ovulated on CD10 and have a 26 day cycle then your Luteal Phase is 16 days.

However, EWCM for many ladies marks that they are entering their most fertile period and starts prior to actual ovualtion (although this is not true for everyone as you can get EWCM at other times as well) so therefore, your LP may be slightly less than 16 days... (which is absolutely fine as well)

Anyhow, the upshot is that since you have a slighter shorter cycle, it is fine to ovulate on CD10/11/12 etc.

There are lots of threads about luteal phase as well as lots of research if you google 'luteal phase'.

A month ago I didn't have a clue about all of this but have reads loads!

Keep :sex: as it all sounds like it's at the right time...

Good luck for your BFP

Thank you Littlehush and Peardrop! Don't feel quite as bad now I know I'm not the only one who didn't automatically know what my Luteal Phase was!!!!:rofl:
I thought my cycles were 28 days but January was 26, February was 27 and March was 29 just to freak me out!!! I would like to try the OV kit thing but my OH says they will make life too regimented and we can't unless I still haven't got my :bfp: in 6 months!
Pretty sure the old CM changed to EW on day 10 last month so maybe I am one of those people who gets it before OV?? Guess I will just keep on with lots of :sex::sex: from now on and see what happens!!
:hug: and :dust: to both of you!

I dont get much EWCM, this month i had only one day of it and that was on CD10, so a couple days before OV'd! Hoping it's enough, otherwise might try and use preseed xxx

Good luck hunni :dust:

I dont get much EWCM, this month i had only one day of it and that was on CD10, so a couple days before OV'd! Hoping it's enough, otherwise might try and use preseed xxx

Aww you too babe. So sorry for your losses (only just noticed your ticker!) Hope this is your month and you get your sticky bean xxxx

Aww you too babe. So sorry for your losses (only just noticed your ticker!) Hope this is your month and you get your sticky bean xxxx

Thanks hun xxx :hug:

The time between ovulation and your AF arriving is the most important phase. Ideally, this should be between 10 and 16 days so if you ovulated on CD10 and have a 26 day cycle then your Luteal Phase is 16 days.

However, EWCM for many ladies marks that they are entering their most fertile period and starts prior to actual ovualtion (although this is not true for everyone as you can get EWCM at other times as well) so therefore, your LP may be slightly less than 16 days... (which is absolutely fine as well)

Anyhow, the upshot is that since you have a slighter shorter cycle, it is fine to ovulate on CD10/11/12 etc.

Hi,

Peardrop gave great info. If it helps, I estimate that I Ov early too in a 28/29 day cycle, around CD11/12. On CD10 I got my LH surge positive on my CB Digi Ovulation predictor. This indicates that an egg is about to be released within 48 hours or so. On CD10 I also had EWCM and incidentally felt very *ahem* randy :blush:, which would indicate that Ov is about to happen and to get the Bonkage in regularly over the next few days! On CD12 I started to have the twingy pains that I normally experience around ovulation, so I think that what has been said to you is pretty accurate-well, I'm jolly-well hoping so!.

There are also good answers to your questions and might help to ease your concerns if you Google "early ovulation"

Much luck and :dust: to you.

Sam xx

PS, I don't temp either. Well, not yet!

Thanks Sam! I spend a lot of my time confused on here so it's always nice to have someone explain in plain english!!:rofl:

As for the old "randy" feeling, I seem to see that a lot more around the same time too!!! Never really noticed it before but I can't see the OH complaining!

Good luck to you too! Now gonna go and have a snoop in your journal while i'm here! :dust:

Hi girls,
I got my EWCM yesterday, day 8!!!! I was highly confused by this. My cycle is only 26 days now, and if it was possible to ov so early it would make sense as to why we haven't managed to catch again yet!!
I read online that it is possible to OV as early as 6 days! I'm not sure anyway, as I only have CM to go by, we don't use OPK's either. So I guess we just :sex: alot and hope for the best.
Good luck to you all for this month
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi girls,
I got my EWCM yesterday, day 8!!!! I was highly confused by this. My cycle is only 26 days now, and if it was possible to ov so early it would make sense as to why we haven't managed to catch again yet!!
I read online that it is possible to OV as early as 6 days! I'm not sure anyway, as I only have CM to go by, we don't use OPK's either. So I guess we just :sex: alot and hope for the best.
Good luck to you all for this month
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well then Orange Lady, looks like the only thing for us to do is to start duffing on day 6 and just go for it from then on! That way princess Egg will be surrounded by the spermy army and won't be able to get away without surrender!!! Well that's what i'm hoping anyway!!:rofl:

Good luck to you too. Gonna pop along to Google and have a good old snout around!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->