Early "period" or IB? Opinions?

Wishu

Reaction score
I did make a post in the WTT section, but I wasn't sure if I quite fit there considering that we have been just going with the flow until my cycles seem to become more regular. I stopped taking my BCP about 4 months ago and my cycles have been about 20-21 days except for the last/most recent one which was 15 days.

The day before I started bleeding, I irresponsibly had some wine for a friend's birthday. So that has me worried that I messed up. :cry:

Which brings me to my question of, is it possible to have implantation bleeding that looks bright red and lasts for 3 days?

Usual cycle length is about 20-21 days.
My most recent cycle was September 11th-September 26th.
The 26th I had the wine.
The 27th I started to experience bleeding.
It was pretty sudden, as it came on over night.
I woke up, put a pad on, and it lasted me all day.
Only used one pad each day for the 3 days. It was pretty spotty on the pad (as in, barely anything on there), but when I wiped it was bright red mixed with clear mucus. So that's what confuses me. Normally when I have a period it's thicker and heavier. This just seemed like (sorry for the icky mental image) clear snot with tints of bright red, and then a little blood left over (tmi, I tend to get OCD with the wiping).

Based on the approximate implantation calculators, the 27th falls in the middle of my likely implantation days. So that's why I'm going to test on Monday or Wednesday just for peace of mind. Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this sort of thing. I'll keep you updated with my results and such whenever I test.

Well, nothing as of yet. I'm still waiting on the hpt's that I ordered to arrive. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I haven't been feeling very well. Quite a bit of nausea and fatigue. I've been noticing some pressure in my pelvic area, feels like a bloated feeling. No more bleeding or spotting since it stopped.

Well, my hpt's finally arrived and I used FMU. Got a BFN.
This was at approx. 21 DPO. Having an increase of stretchy clear & yellow CM. Which I don't normally have. No odor or itching, but may get it checked out if it keeps up just to be on the safe side.

Been BD throughout this cycle regularly as well so if we missed it last cycle hopefully we get it during this one. If not, there's still the fun of trying.

I read somewhere that if my cycles are still continuing to be short then taking BCP for another month or two and then coming back off of them may help? Anyone have any experience with that?

Anyway, next period will be due around the 18th-19th or so.
Fingers crossed that this is the cycle, but not giving up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->