Early pregnancy bloat/clothing problems

J.D.

Reaction score
Yesterday I had dinner plans in the city with my bff. My skinny jeans wouldn't fasten. My momjeans did but 15 minutes later, I had to take them off.

I ended up going out in my lazy/baggy/fat jeans.

And before my GD kicks in, I want to enjoy the nice restaurants - I'm not big into dresses, but if necessary, I guess that's a thing, but what are people doing for inbetweeny clothing? I'm only 4w but I'm bloated like I'm 6 months. Same last time too - by the time the bloat was gone, the bump was ready to pop.

Last time I had a very different life, and only having sloppy clothes wasn't a big deal. Now, it's sort of hurting.

I was in maternity pants/trousers by 7 weeks. I just wore stretchy leggings b4 that. I cud not fit into my jeans because at 5 weeks I had such a bloat.
I'm 4 and a half months now and feel huge Haha.

Having this exact same problem about 5 weeks pregnant and bloated so much I can't do any of my trousers up and just feel so uncomfortable. Not sure how long it take for this to go down this is my 4th pregnancy and never had this bad bloat before x

I think me and suggerhoney can join you on this one! We had the same problem from very early on! At 5 weeks I looked about 5 or 6 months, it did eventually go away and now I have the smallest but obvious little bump now at 14 weeks!

Basically i did live in dresses, or the long shirt dresses with some nice sandals or converse when not dressing up. Leggings was a godsend too as they can be dressed up or down, that tbh that was my only go to outfits. Also if you did have a particular pair of jeans that dont fit right now, try using a hair bobble around the button and through the hole, that did bide me some time!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've just ordered a bump band thingy from Amazon - we'll see how long that does me for.

I work from home, so I genuinely wear PJs (aka "loungewear" lol) all day every day, but when I go out, I do like to look neat and tidy. And my mom is going to visit (I live in Europe, she lives in Canada) before we're ready to announce, so I'm going to have to look passable for a whole week in June!

I noticed when I got to about 11+ weeks my bloat went down and my bump looked so much smaller. Then at 15 weeks I really popped.
I dont know why some of us bloat so bad at the very beginning. I actually looked like I had a baby bump at 5 weeks but it was all bloat.
Haha

I’m struggling too I’m 12 weeks and all my trousers are too tight even my work trousers, I’m trying to hold off buying maternity clothes but I’m struggling to fit in all my stuff. I don’t really know the acceptable time to buy maternity clothes lol

I think I mostly don't want to buy mat clothes too early because I'd rather nobody noticed just yet! Otherwise I'd be on it now.

I noticed that with my last pregnancy, I was posting about buying mat clothes around 12 weeks.

I think I mostly don't want to buy mat clothes too early because I'd rather nobody noticed just yet! Otherwise I'd be on it now.

I noticed that with my last pregnancy, I was posting about buying mat clothes around 12 weeks.
I’ve got my scan on Monday so if all goes well I may need to cave and get some as only a couple of people know at the moment but will start telling people after scan x

I’m struggling too I’m 12 weeks and all my trousers are too tight even my work trousers, I’m trying to hold off buying maternity clothes but I’m struggling to fit in all my stuff. I don’t really know the acceptable time to buy maternity clothes lol

I think at 12 weeks its time hon. Ure be way more comfortable. I highly recommend the jeggings in H&M maternity they do them in black and all shades of blue and they are sooooo comfortable hon. They also do maternity leggings in there.
I can understand waiting for ure scan.
Boohoo maternity is good as well. I'm gonna go on there and order some stuff it's not to expensive either so that's always good. Haha.
Good luck at ure scan I'm sure everything will be perfect

I think at 12 weeks its time hon. Ure be way more comfortable. I highly recommend the jeggings in H&M maternity they do them in black and all shades of blue and they are sooooo comfortable hon. They also do maternity leggings in there.
I can understand waiting for ure scan.
Boohoo maternity is good as well. I'm gonna go on there and order some stuff it's not to expensive either so that's always good. Haha.
Good luck at ure scan I'm sure everything will be perfect
Thank you Hun, I’m going to be a bit of a wreck on Monday I think....I’m soo nervous for some reason and my appointment isn’t until 2pm so got most of the day to wait lol. We are planning (if all goes ok) to start telling people the next day! That’s nerve wracking too haha. Hope you are ok Hun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->