Early Pregnancy scans - how soon?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bunnyg82, Dec 23, 2009.

1. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Hi everyone, after a little bit of spotting on the weekend, I had calmed down and stopped worrying, but today for some reason I have started worrying again! So I am gonna go down the docs and see if they will let me have a scan.

I was just wondering if people had done this how soon they managed to get a scan? I really would like to get it done before Christmas if possible just so I can relax. I am not sure they will even let me have it to be honest

Also, I read something briefly that they wouldn't give you a pic and so I was just checking if we'd still get our scan planned for 6th Jan where obviously we will be allowed a pic.

Any advice would be great please. I don't know why I have started worrying now, I am hoping it's not instinct that something is wrong!
    xx

2. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

maybe they will get you scan because of bleeding hun push for it who no's good luck xxx

3. bunnyg82

thanks hun, I am gonna try my hardest, I just hope he's sympathetic and not horrible as otherwise I will cry!! Even if he says I can't have one I hope he's nice about it!

Arghhh!! x

4. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

lol fingers x'd for you hun xxx merry xmas xxxx

5. cla

cla Well-Known Member

i have just came back from an emergency scan because i spotted last night and everything is ok. i saw its heartbeat and im just over 6 weeks so i feel alot better now:happydance:. have you been to the doctors, everything will be alright:hugs:

6. bunnyg82

thanks sweetie - I am off to the docs this afternoon 2.40. I hope the doc lets me have a scan.

Were you allowed a pic? x

7. cla

cla Well-Known Member

i didnt ask because you could only see the heartbeating, and tell you the truth i forgot i was on :cloud9: when you go ask before you go in for the scan if you can have a pic. you will see alot more as you are further gone then me so you might be able to have a pic. i wish you the best of luck. dont forget to let us know how you get on:hugs:

8. maisiemoo

maisiemoo Well-Known Member

every time i've bled, my OH and I have just turned up at the EPU. It's much harder to turn someone away in person than over the phone. As a result, i've so far had 5 scans -5wks, 6wks, 8 wks and x2 at 12wks.

9. bunnyg82

Hey everyone, well I saw the doc - he didn't seem worried - he said that 8-9 weeks is a normal time to have a bit of spotting but he still filled in the form to get me into the EPAU and is faxing it off so hopefully I will hear from them this afternoon. He said he wasn't sure if they were open tomorrow but fingers crossd they are!

I feel a lot better now and just wish I went on Monday instead! I just stopped worrying and then all of a sudden today the worry came back! x

10. Pluto13

Pluto13 Well-Known Member

Glad you got positive support for your doctor, all the best with the rest of your pregnancy

11. SugarKisses

SugarKisses Luv my 3 miracle's

Hi hun :D Hope your ok.

As you know I lost my little girl last year (omg, just realized next week that Ill be saying 2 years ago :cry:) Anyways...sorry about that... Because I lost her, I was panicking weather everything was ok or not and plus I have PCOS and I didnt have any clue how far on I was. So I phoned my consultant, who patched me through to ante natal clinic and I explained to them about Sophie & my PCOS and that I didnt know how far on I was and they got me a scan booked for 6 days after the phone call.

I think that if you ring the EPU/ante natal clinic and explain the bleed and the worry your going through then they might fit you in for sometime next week. :thumbup:

I also had a scan booked for a month after that with my consultant and another one the week after so im sure they would still let you go to scan you already have booked.

Lots of love x x x

12. babybeemac

babybeemac Well-Known Member

Hey hun

I had some spotting early last week and called the doctor who thankfully took me seriously and made arrangements for an early scan and blood tests. I went along to the EPU last Thursday and they saw the gestational sac but nothing else (fingers crossed it was just because I was so early pregnant!). Hormone levels were high and were on a good increase over the 48 hour period so they were happy with that. Going back tomorrow for my second scan and am hoping to see a lot of progress down there! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm sure they will be very supportive and I wish you all the best. Let us know how you get on! :hugs:

xx