Early Pregnancy scans - how soon?

bunnyg82

Mum to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Hi everyone, after a little bit of spotting on the weekend, I had calmed down and stopped worrying, but today for some reason I have started worrying again! So I am gonna go down the docs and see if they will let me have a scan.

I was just wondering if people had done this how soon they managed to get a scan? I really would like to get it done before Christmas if possible just so I can relax. I am not sure they will even let me have it to be honest

Also, I read something briefly that they wouldn't give you a pic and so I was just checking if we'd still get our scan planned for 6th Jan where obviously we will be allowed a pic.

Any advice would be great please. I don't know why I have started worrying now, I am hoping it's not instinct that something is wrong!
xx

maybe they will get you scan because of bleeding hun push for it who no's good luck xxx

thanks hun, I am gonna try my hardest, I just hope he's sympathetic and not horrible as otherwise I will cry!! Even if he says I can't have one I hope he's nice about it!

Arghhh!! x

lol fingers x'd for you hun xxx merry xmas xxxx

i have just came back from an emergency scan because i spotted last night and everything is ok. i saw its heartbeat and im just over 6 weeks so i feel alot better now:happydance:. have you been to the doctors, everything will be alright:hugs:

thanks sweetie - I am off to the docs this afternoon 2.40. I hope the doc lets me have a scan.

Were you allowed a pic? x

thanks sweetie - I am off to the docs this afternoon 2.40. I hope the doc lets me have a scan.

Were you allowed a pic? x

i didnt ask because you could only see the heartbeating, and tell you the truth i forgot i was on :cloud9: when you go ask before you go in for the scan if you can have a pic. you will see alot more as you are further gone then me so you might be able to have a pic. i wish you the best of luck. dont forget to let us know how you get on:hugs:

every time i've bled, my OH and I have just turned up at the EPU. It's much harder to turn someone away in person than over the phone. As a result, i've so far had 5 scans -5wks, 6wks, 8 wks and x2 at 12wks.

Hey everyone, well I saw the doc - he didn't seem worried - he said that 8-9 weeks is a normal time to have a bit of spotting but he still filled in the form to get me into the EPAU and is faxing it off so hopefully I will hear from them this afternoon. He said he wasn't sure if they were open tomorrow but fingers crossd they are!

I feel a lot better now and just wish I went on Monday instead! I just stopped worrying and then all of a sudden today the worry came back! x

Glad you got positive support for your doctor, all the best with the rest of your pregnancy

Hi hun :D Hope your ok.

As you know I lost my little girl last year (omg, just realized next week that Ill be saying 2 years ago :cry:) Anyways...sorry about that... Because I lost her, I was panicking weather everything was ok or not and plus I have PCOS and I didnt have any clue how far on I was. So I phoned my consultant, who patched me through to ante natal clinic and I explained to them about Sophie & my PCOS and that I didnt know how far on I was and they got me a scan booked for 6 days after the phone call.

I think that if you ring the EPU/ante natal clinic and explain the bleed and the worry your going through then they might fit you in for sometime next week. :thumbup:

I also had a scan booked for a month after that with my consultant and another one the week after so im sure they would still let you go to scan you already have booked.

Lots of love x x x

Hi everyone, after a little bit of spotting on the weekend, I had calmed down and stopped worrying, but today for some reason I have started worrying again! So I am gonna go down the docs and see if they will let me have a scan.

I was just wondering if people had done this how soon they managed to get a scan? I really would like to get it done before Christmas if possible just so I can relax. I am not sure they will even let me have it to be honest

Also, I read something briefly that they wouldn't give you a pic and so I was just checking if we'd still get our scan planned for 6th Jan where obviously we will be allowed a pic.

Any advice would be great please. I don't know why I have started worrying now, I am hoping it's not instinct that something is wrong!
xx

Hey hun

I had some spotting early last week and called the doctor who thankfully took me seriously and made arrangements for an early scan and blood tests. I went along to the EPU last Thursday and they saw the gestational sac but nothing else (fingers crossed it was just because I was so early pregnant!). Hormone levels were high and were on a good increase over the 48 hour period so they were happy with that. Going back tomorrow for my second scan and am hoping to see a lot of progress down there! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm sure they will be very supportive and I wish you all the best. Let us know how you get on! :hugs:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"