Early (Private) Scan, but what happens if it's bad news?

lucylu79

Reaction score
I know it's an awful question to ask but i'm trying to be prepared.

I wasn't this nervous with my first, not that I can remember anyway and hubby says I wasn't like this.

I blame my friend (!) who told me all about someone she knew who thought she was pregnant, had the positive tests and all the symptoms and the scan showed a molar pregnancy, why she told me that I don't know! I'd never heard of it before!

Truth is this pregnancy is so different from the first so it's all adding to my worry.

So what would happen? If it's bad news would the scanner person just refer me back to my midwife?

Sorry for sounding so glum but I like to be prepared.

If it's a private scan then the sonographer won't refer you to anyone, although they will usually provide you with a report of the scan to take to your gp. I don't think to be honest though that you should worry just as your pregnancy is different, this is my 9th pregnancy now and each one has been totally different. Try not to worry if you have no reason to. Won't be good for you or your lo. Best of luck with your scan!

I know, i'm trying not worry, it's just when I actually think about it I get nervous is all.

You have to fill in your Dr's details and tick the form that they can contact your doctor in the event of problems.

When I had my early scan bubs looked great but they saw a 6cm cyst on my right ovary which means I get a free re-scan in 2.5 weeks to check if it has shrunk. If it hasn't I imagine they'll write to my doctor to discuss monitoring.

Molar pregnancies are very rare hun, so I would go in feeling optimistic xx

Trust me I'm the same! I know how hard it is. I have a scan Tuesday and I'm super worried. Even though I keep telling myself it's dumb. I'm sure all is fine with your little one though :)

I had a private scan with my first miscarriage. She gave me a report to take to my GP who then referred me to the EPAU :thumbup:

Please try not to worry, molar pregnancies aren't common hun and every pregnancy is different. Though I can't talk - I was shitting a brick before my private scan yesterday as I feel totally different compared to my last 2. But LO is perfect!!!

Good luck x

Some of the private clinics include counselling in the ultrasound package.

Good luck x

I had a 'reassurance' scan which ended badly and I was given a letter for my GP. I bypassed the GP and self referred to EPAU x

When I had my mmc that was diagnosed at a private scan. The dr contacted my local hospital there and then for a follow up scan and d&c the following week. She also sent a report to my gp but nothing came of that. I'm sure everything will be fine though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->