Early restrictions for incompetent cervix?

marius97

Reaction score
DW and I have just decided to try for one last baby. We had losses in '99 at 23 weeks and '02 at 18 weeks. It was after the second loss that the incompetent cervix was diagnosed. In '05 we had a cerclage done at 16 weeks (I had to fight with the dr because he wanted to wait until 18 weeks :growlmad:) Long story short, we ended up doing 6 weeks of working 4 hours a day, rest the rest of the day, then 6 weeks strict bedrest in the hospital, and 3 weeks strick rest at home. We ended up making it to 32 weeks before delivering our healthy baby boy. This was in part due to the amazing doctor that we had switched to midpregnancy (after fighting with the original one.)

Now at the ages of 37, we're giving it a go for another one. We will use the great doctor again. Just a couple of questions though: When do doctors do cerclages now? Last time it was at 16 weeks (and we fought to have it that early.) DW's dr indicated that she'll do it this time in the 12-14 week timeframe. That is music to my ears. Is that the new way to do it when you have a clear history of incompetent cervix? Also, do you need to be on any restrictions in the first trimester? DW is disappointed when I said no sex :cry: and no vacation (we've always driven 20 hours for a two week vacation in Florida) from the day that we get the positive pregnancy test. Am I just being paranoid, or is my cautious approach appropriate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->