early scan at ulster? - any experiences?

holywoodmum

2 girls and one cooking
Reaction score
I only saw my doc a fortnight ago at 5 weeks, and yesterday got a letter through for booking appt at the ulster that is tomorrow! it said i will probably get a scan! i called to check something about the form they sent, and asked about the scan so early and she said yeah and then again 4 weeks later! so do you think I'm really getting a scan tomorrow?!

Hey! Im at the Ulster as well trying to think back to the start of pregnancy...lol I didnt find out I was pregnant til about 7 weeks so I had my booking in appointment at around 13/14 weeks. But around 10 weeks i got brought in through A+E and ended up at the Early Pregnancy Problems Clinic up on the Neely Ward with Gynocology or something along those lines! They did a scan then but the usual scans at the Ulster have been around 12 weeks for booking in and then around 20 weeks for anomally scan. Maybe because its your second pregnancy they want to do a scan before the booking in appointment im not too sure!

Sorry im not much help but I reckon you might get a scan...though they might have to do an internal scan because you're quite early on and they might not be able to see anything from tummy scan! :hugs: xx

thanks for your reply! wasn't sure if many people frequented this bit of the boards!!
we'll see what happens tomorrow then, in a way it's quite good that i'm not sure about it because I'm not fixated on it! and i've only known of the possibility since yesterday so I haven't had too long to get worked up!!
I see your ticker says 40 weeks, wow your due date!! hope you're not waiting too much longer!

hiya... i had a few early scans thru neely ward due to hyperemesis, but as far as i knew the normal process was booking in apt at 12 or 13 weeks unless you were high risk?

yeah well, all became clear when I got there - I was right not to have got my hopes up too much! Went in, got weighed etc and then midwife (a bloke, which I wasn't expecting, nice guy!) checked my LMP date, turned out my GPs referral letter had me down a month earlier... d'oh!! So he went off for ages and checked with the doctor (meanwhile DH still sitting waiting!) and came back to say they wouldn't even take a history today... was quite cross, as DH had taken a half day especially and we'd paid for an extra half day at childminder...
Anyway, I'm booked in again in just under 4 weeks time :)
Oh yeah and we managed lunch out together while DD at childminder and got our christmas tree, so not a complete write off!

yep that midwife guy is really nice.. i saw him a few times!

i have to say, i had a great experience at the ulster, i thought they were fab! the home from home unit is amazing! there are loads of pics of the room etc in my birth story post if any of you want a nosey!

Oh thank you I'll have a look! I dreamt about it the other night, that it was a really grotty room in the middle of the lovely new maternity bit!

lol! pregnancy dreams are mad!!

it was like a hotel suite! OH stayed overnight the first night which was so good. i loved that we spent it together, even tho we just sat up all night and stared at her!!!
the midwives were great, i had loads of support with Breast feeding, and i had pretty much the labour i dreamed of!
good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->