Early scan Friday! What to expect!

T8ty

Reaction score
I have no idea on my dates and hve been booked In for a early scan for Friday! I only had 12&20weeks with my daughter so unsure what to expect.

Will it be a normal ultrasound or vaginal? Will they tell me my dates etc??

I'm nervous!

Thanks ladies xx

I've just had a 6+1 scan today and we saw baby with a heartbeat :) that was vaginal, on tummy one they could just see the sac. Good luck xx

We went for a scan at exactly 6 weeks and it was trans abdominal and managed to see ges sac, yolk sac, baby (was really tiny) and a flickering heart beat on the screen. x
I did make sure my bladder was pretty full though haha.

It depends on the dr the machine and how far you are! I saw two sacs both had yolks in them at 5 weeks that was over the tummy. They wanted to confirm so I allowed vaginal. Every scan after I had over the tummy!

Probably internal.

At 5+6 I saw 2 sacs. One had a yolk sac in and the start of a fetal pole but one was empty. No heartbeats yet, though the tech said it was too small to try, but the bigger one at least, was right for the dates.

Awesome thanks ladies!

I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time!

Ill let you all know how I get on!

X

Totally depends on your body I think! I went in at 8w6d expecting just a tummy scan. My uterus is tilted a bit so she had to do a transvaginal which showed me being further along. So even being 9.5 weeks they couldnt get a view through tummy (and I'm a fairly thin person). If you have to do transvaginal, it's really painless and gets you a great shot of your bean!

Most likely it will be transvaginal since you are unsure of your dates. They will want to be as accurate as possible. To help, as Gizzyy said, drink lots of water. The more full your bladder is the more they can see via abdomen. At 4 I was able to see the sac via abdomen and at 6+1 we saw the heartbeat via abdomen but only b/c bladder was so full.

Thanks for the advice at least I'm prepared ish! Nervous!!

Ill take a bottle of water with me too!!

Fingers crossed x

Aww thanks for asking! Everything went great.. Bubs looks great and around 6weeks! With a lovely strog heartbeat flickering away!

I had a transvaginal scan in the end!

:))

Aww thanks for asking! Everything went great.. Bubs looks great and around 6weeks! With a lovely strog heartbeat flickering away!

I had a transvaginal scan in the end!

:))

Fantastic!! Yayyy H&H 9 months xx

Aww thanks!!!:) so glad to be back here xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79