Early Scan Help! Please comment...

Louisa1

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm so upset at the moment.
I know I DTD on 1st November - not sure when I ovulated tho and my last menstruation was on 18th October.
My first scan was on 28th Nov - only saw a Gsac which measured 5mm (I am presuming that means about 5 weeks) (I thought I was 5 weeks 6 days).
I was told to go back after two weeks. I therefore went back yesterday. The doctor didn't seem impressed and she said that she expected to see more. Basically, this time there were 2 gestation sacs - one empty. And in the other, was a fetus measuring just over 3mm (which I think is about 6w3d). She said there was a very slow heart beat and chances of survival is only 30%.

Any advice please?? Thank you...

I'm sorry, I have no advice but just wanted to say I'm sorry they have you worried after your scan today. Do they have you coming in for another? Or what are next steps?

I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope that the next scan brings some answers and good news :hugs:

How far along do you think you should be?

I have no advice I'm afraid as I haven't been through this but wanted to offer big hugs and I hope everythings okay at the next scan xx

So sorry you're having to go through this. I hope the next scan shows all is ok Sorry i don't have any advice for you :hugs:

I am in a similar position.

I went for a scan last Wednesday 6th. I should have been 7weeks 3days but we only measured about 6weeks. there is also a large haematoma but I'm not bleeding.

I had to go back this week....Tuesday 12th. Baby hasn't grown much, I think it went from something like 2.8 -3.3mm and the heart rate is slower than it should be too. So not what they had hoped or would expect at this point at all.

I have to go back for another scan next Tuesday. I'm in total limbo but I don't feel positive at all. The lady said that early pregnancy often surprises us so you never know and a friend of mine had a similar start, they prepared her for the worst, couldn't find a heart beat and she had to have multiple scans (also had a sch) but her wee boy is now 6weeks old!

I'm so sorry you're going through this too and I wish you all the best, keep us updated xxx

I haven't been through this personally but being a member of BnB for quite some time, I've heard stories similar to this. Sometimes they were positive, other times they were negative. However, if they saw only one sac the first time that was empty but now there are two and one has a viable fetus (we will call it viable for now since there is a heartbeat... if it is a really early fetus the heartbeat is going to be slow... I mean it has to start somewhere right?) it sounds like you just might not be as far along as you thought. It is possible for ovulation to be off as much as a week - or at least that's what I was told in previous pregnancies. It wouldn't surprise me if you go back and suddenly there are two babies with two heartbeats! I'm thinking it looks positive for you... but of course I'm no doctor. I hope you get good news at your next scan :hugs:

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how you get on on Tues. I have an appointment next Thurs. Half of me wants to got to A&E this weekend to see if they will do a scan. Really don't know what to do..xx

Oh Louisa its awful isn't it :hugs:
Is that a week you have to wait between your last scan and next one? Thats same for me, she was very sorry to make me wait but its better for their measurements etc and they can get a better understanding as to whats going on. It sucks though.

They always try and prepare you for the worst. Like what happened to my friend. Honestly she thought there was no chance at all, he measured so small and when there was no heart beat when there should have been....but hes here today! Early pregnancy does not follow the rule book. She is actually a midwife and has been telling me to not worry about the measurements just now and the heart rate is always slow at this point. I just have to keep positive and we will hopefully get an answer next week. Obviously this one could go either way and I think my case is a bit worse.

Keep your chin up, keep positive and rest. I think we are both just going to have to be patient. Thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->