Early scan question...?

loopy loulou

Mum of 3:)
Reaction score
To all you ladies who have had, or are going to have, early scans (before 11-12 weeks)..

...Is this because you have either miscarried before, had bleeding, or other medical issues? Or paid for it privately?

I just feel like the only one who will prob have to wait till 12 weeks, and that seems so long away!!!

I just realised that may sound awful! and I should feel lucky that I don't need one I suppose!!

Just wondering....

xx

Hi I had one at 6 weeks because I was admitted to hospital with query ectopic. SOme people bookk thru baby bond to have them early. Otherwise I would have waited till 12 weeks x

Don't worry loulou! I've not had anything at all and my first scan will be at 13+5! Seems to be ages away even now! 2 weeks tomorrow and it's just been dragging.

This pregnancy Im classed as "high risk" due to 2 previous miscarriages.

Even so, the nhs wouldnt offer me an early scan.

However, Ive had 3 so far, due to suspected ectopic at 6.5 weeks (hospitalised), bleeding for a whole week at 8.5 weeks (hospitalised) and private at 10 weeks - which we had booked ourselves for 8 weeks originally for peace of mind due to previous miscarriages.
I have my 12 week scan this Thursday and I know all will be ok, but regardless of that, Id rather not of gone through the rest just to have an early scan.
I never had scans with my other 2, which ended in miscarriage.

I had one at 6w 5 days, as im diabetic and under the diabetic antinatal.
If i hadnt had to have an early scan i wouldnt of paid to have one private.

Scans at 8 and 10 weeks because of previous miscarriages.
Reassurance scans arranged by my brilliant midwife!!

hi, my doctor sent me for what was suppose to be an urgent scan altho 4 weeks later the scan date is!! But because i had a tender stomach one side so he said he wanted it checked out to make sure it wasn't ectopic. x

I have one booked a week wednesday, because of a previous m/c and being seen by a FS. XXX

Ok, I feel a bit better now.. and realised I really should be glad that I don't have an early one.. It's just going to feel like forever till 12 weeks!

Oh well.. I will be chuffed to get there..

Is the 12 week scan also when they do the Nuchal Fold thingy? (UK NHS)
With my son (nearly 7 years ago) I had a 12 week dating scan, where they found out I was only 10 weeks (I was on the pill at the time!) and then nothing till the 20 week one. No nuchal fold etc.. but I think they do them for everyone now.. is that right?

Good luck to all. xx

It depends....some hospitals do, some dont. Mine doesn't unfortunately....you'll need to check with your midwife. It should also say in the info you were sent with your date.

It depends....some hospitals do, some dont. Mine doesn't unfortunately....you'll need to check with your midwife. It should also say in the info you were sent with your date.

I haven't even been to the doctor yet so don't have info! I'm going on holiday tommorrow for a week then will go when I get back!

Ah right...yes sorry...I'm not very observant at the moment! :rofl:

Enjoy your holiday and have a lovely relaxing time.

I'll be having a scan tomorrow at 10 weeks because I'm diabetic and they tend to do a lot more scans to monitor growth and stuff. I think I had about 8 scans with my daughter.

Hey.
I booked 1 privately.
I wanted to make sure everything is okay etc ive not expeirenced any pain or bleeding.
When i was pregnant with Amber didnt find out till 19weeks gone, really feel as though i missed out huge chunk which i actually did.
Having early scan is making up for what i missed before.

I havent had a scan yet & its not until I'm 12 +6 x 2 weeks 2moro :happydance:

Hi

I had a scan when i was just over 9wks now going to ask consultant for one at 12 wks as i have had probs in past, had mc, 2yr ago had baby not develop properly in the womb, 3 preterm deliverys this is my last baby now so want everything to go smoothly. x

I booked early private scan with a north devon clinic, due to the NHS not giving me a reasurance scan...(even though i'd had previous late 1st tri mm/c)

Ive just been told today to not expect an appt for my dating scan til 13/14 weeks!!! wtf!!! Think i'll be booking another private before then!!!

xx

I booked early private scan with a north devon clinic, due to the NHS not giving me a reasurance scan...(even though i'd had previous late 1st tri mm/c)

Ive just been told today to not expect an appt for my dating scan til 13/14 weeks!!! wtf!!! Think i'll be booking another private before then!!!

xx

That's a bit crap moo :(

How much do the private scans cost?

Hopefully you can get seen super quick and it will be worth it.

Heaven knows a little bit of reassurance goes a long way at times like these :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->