early scan question

hopeforamirac

Reaction score
Hi all.

i want to book a private scan because of our mmc in july but wasnt sure when was best to book it as i dont want to go to early and not see heartbeat. because i would only worry loads :(

Sorry for your loss. I had an early scan, thought inwas 7 weeks scan showed 6 weeks and a heart beat. Good luck and H & H 9'months

8-9 weeks is the best time for a reassurance scan. Most times, when there is a healthy baby with a good heartbeat at 9 weeks, the pregnancy is highly likely to continue. I think your risk of miscarriage goes right down below 5% at that stage.

agree with kat, we had an early scan at 8-9wks and could see proper baby (had had a mc two years before at 7-8 wks where no scan was ever good news....)

best wishes

I had a scan at 8 weeks and 1 day and we saw our little baby and heard and saw its heartbeat! They said to me that because they saw everything they wanted to and the heartbeat was strong then there is now only a 2% chance of miscarrage!

oh i dont no what to do the wait is killing me but i dont want to go to early :cry:
i have read people seeing hb at 6 weeks ect

Yes, it is possible to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks but all it takes is for your dates to be just a couple of days out and then you won't see it.
Really do try to wait until 9 weeks if you can. A scan at 6 weeks may show you the heartbeat, but the risk of mc has not gone down anywhere near as much at that point compared to 9 weeks.

If you are going somewhere like Babybond, I think they offer the scan from seven weeks at the earliest.
At 9 weeks you will also not necessarily need an internal scan.

Personally I would try and wait till at least 7 weeks so u can see a little bit more. I wanted to go ASAP but after doing research decided about 8 weeks would be good because it's so much more clearer and the heartbeat can come up easier. Also wanted to get my money's worth lol. Have u got your 12 weeks scan booked yet? Mine isn't till just over 13 weeks, torture! Xxx

no not got any scan yet, got my mw app come through today for the 25th of november.

i no i should wait but the last baby didnt make it past 6+2 and i desperatly want to make sure this one's ok.

i will wait until 7 weeks then as i have more chance of seeing the hb, i no i should be sensible but its so tough when you have had a loss :cry:

Last time i had a scan at 8weeks due to previous m/c - it is standard at the hosp i go to, i know its hard but possibly you should wait til the 7/8 week mark xxx

i had a perfect scan and heartbeat at 7 weeks 4 days with my previous pregnancy... made me so happy... then I went in at 11 weeks 3 days and found out that the baby must have died maybe two days after that perfect scan!!! not sure if I'll let my doctor do the scan so early this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"