Early Scan tomorrow! [UPDATE: with pic]

M

Miss406

Early scan tomorrow!
Booked in with the midwife yesterday.

I have spent weeks since I booked the scan, excited to see our little Jelly Bean, but the reality struck yesterday when I had to tell the midwife and document all the miscarriages I've had (5 in total) Why did I have to go through this all again, surely it's in my medical records, and again I had to tell them how many Children I have (5) when they were born and times, weights etc :shrug::shrug: Why isn't this in my medical records, why have to go through this all again?! :dohh:

Anyway, back down to earth with a thud, reminding myself tomorrows Early scan is a viability scan.
I've never had one of these before, so any advice people?
I'm going to Babybond in the UK.

Do they tell you, for instance 90% chance of a successful pregnancy?
So so nervous, got to try and stay calm!

Also hoping it's an abdominal one too. I've been told to drink fluids to help but of course I am only 8 weeks so they may need to say go to the toilet and they do an internal one, which then puts awful pressure on my 2nd degree tear with one of the children etc.

Fingers crossed all is OK with Our Jelly Bean and fingers also crossed it's a abdominal scan!

Hi sorry I do not have any advice. I am having an early scan tomorrow and I am terrified. Sorry to hear of your losses, it must be awful going over your history again when you know it is all on your records! I will be interested to see the replies you get to the post and wish you the very best of luck. :hugs:

Hi sorry I do not have any advice. I am having an early scan tomorrow and I am terrified. Sorry to hear of your losses, it must be awful going over your history again when you know it is all on your records! I will be interested to see the replies you get to the post and wish you the very best of luck. :hugs:

Thanks hun! So far no other replies..... Gutted :(
Maybe people don't know what to say? :cry:

Hi! I've had early scans on the nhs. They don't tell you how likely you are to carry to term etc. they just tell you that baby is in the right place and show you the heart beat or whatever it is they find (dependent on dates it could be yolk sac etc). I haven't used baby bond for a viability scan, but have for a 4D scan and they are excellent. The rooms are comfortable and pretty. The machines and nice and modern. The person scanning was lovely and reassuring. I used the Manchester one.
For early scan I used a cheaper clinic local to us. They didn't offer internals and aim not sure that babybond do either. So that's something to prepare yourself for.
Also sorry that you had to relive your history. I did at my booking in appointment too and the frustrating thing is that I could see the computer screen the whole time that was showing her exactly what she was asking!! What did really open my eyes is that this is my 7th pregnancy!!!! I have one live child. Needless to say I left the room feeling rather deflated.
Anyway, good luck for tomorrow. Enjoy every second. And update us when you're done!!

Thanks hun! So far no other replies..... Gutted :(
Maybe people don't know what to say? :cry:

I am sure someone will, this will bump it up a bit!

Again I have no experience of this myself but just wanted to wish you luck Hun. I would think at 8 weeks it would be an abdominal scan and as a pp mentioned I don't think baby bond do TV scans.
Sorry you had to go through your losses over again, and sorry for all you went through. Praying for a snuggle little bean in utero with a lovely strong heartbeat tomorrow.

Hi! I've had early scans on the nhs. They don't tell you how likely you are to carry to term etc. they just tell you that baby is in the right place and show you the heart beat or whatever it is they find (dependent on dates it could be yolk sac etc). I haven't used baby bond for a viability scan, but have for a 4D scan and they are excellent. The rooms are comfortable and pretty. The machines and nice and modern. The person scanning was lovely and reassuring. I used the Manchester one.
For early scan I used a cheaper clinic local to us. They didn't offer internals and aim not sure that babybond do either. So that's something to prepare yourself for.
Also sorry that you had to relive your history. I did at my booking in appointment too and the frustrating thing is that I could see the computer screen the whole time that was showing her exactly what she was asking!! What did really open my eyes is that this is my 7th pregnancy!!!! I have one live child. Needless to say I left the room feeling rather deflated.
Anyway, good luck for tomorrow. Enjoy every second. And update us when you're done!!

Thanks hun! I thought it would be like a little charty thing, they check the strength of the heart, measurement of baby, position of baby and say something like, this pregnancy has a 90% success rate, or something like that!
I've used babybond before, but the branch I used before has gone. :cry:
I rang ahead and asked if the ultrasound machine will be able to tell me BPM of the heart (So I could not only check it's going fast enough and strong enough but to gender the baby, I'm pretty sure but you know...) and they said it doesn't :winkwink:
I know they do TV ones as it said on their website to attend with full bladder but if nothing is seen that they will ask me to go to the toilet and they will do it that way.. Just hoping it doesn't come to that lol.. uncomfortable isn't the word .......
Sorry to hear of your booking appointment too, it is unnecessary stress on us, they should be made to write it down from our notes! :growlmad:
Will definitely update this thread :thumbup:

Again I have no experience of this myself but just wanted to wish you luck Hun. I would think at 8 weeks it would be an abdominal scan and as a pp mentioned I don't think baby bond do TV scans.
Sorry you had to go through your losses over again, and sorry for all you went through. Praying for a snuggle little bean in utero with a lovely strong heartbeat tomorrow.

Thanks hun! :flower:
Fingers tightly crossed, I'd cross my legs but I best save that for tomorrow with the full bladder :thumbup:

xx

I had 8 week scan on monday, they did external (on the belly) scan as they were able to see what they needed. Baby had heatbeat, and measured 18mm (8weeks 2days). They also pointed out yolk sac and said placenta will take over in the next week or so. This was done on the nhs. Real peace of mind.
Good luck

Heres my scan photo:

https://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/soniamac666/Baby1_zpsf5fd7bae.jpg

All went well, was an external, abdominal scan! I was absolutely bursting when I attended the appointment! 11th December is my dating scan. She measured at this scan and put me only 1 day behind what I thought I am... so waiting until the dating scan for confirmation.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->