Early scan UPDATE

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Saw my MW today and have been booked in for an early scan tomorrow at just 5+3 due to previous fluid seen in my pelvis / possible cysts etc.
all being well what an I expect to see at such an early scan?

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html <<This link is good on early scans.

I had a scan at 5+6. Saw 2 little sacs, one had a yolk sac and a start of a fetal pole but too small to see heartbeat. The other was empty.

This was my ultrasound at exactly 5+3.
We could see a gestational sac along with a yolk sac. No fetal pole or heartbeat yet but that's normal for that early. At 9 weeks we saw a beautiful little baby starting to form.

This ultrasound was transvaginal.
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/1435361A-8FCD-4FD8-A4D8-31E81ED9E5C6-6745-0000062E4C017112_zpsd3592973.jpg

I tried to push it back to Monday as hubby is working away tomorrow and its difficult for me to get there alone and with a 2 year old in tow but then they really shocked me saying that there's a chance it could be ectopic! What the??? I know I had fluid in my pelvis and I told my MW I've been getting quite bad cramps in the evenings but I had put it down to wind. So have they come up with that?!
Now I'm really worried :(

I tried to push it back to Monday as hubby is working away tomorrow and its difficult for me to get there alone and with a 2 year old in tow but then they really shocked me saying that there's a chance it could be ectopic! What the??? I know I had fluid in my pelvis and I told my MW I've been getting quite bad cramps in the evenings but I had put it down to wind. So have they come up with that?!
Now I'm really worried :(

It's annoying but I think they tend to say that a lot any time there is cramping and it's early on. They told me mine was ectopic or a blighted ovum just because of cramps and a small amount of spotting. They were very wrong. I wouldn't worry to much.

Thanks for that, they've really worried me now :(
MW wasn't at to tell me if the fluid was normal so now I'm worried that that's what has made them think it as I didn't make a big deal of the cramps just said I've been getting trapped wind lol

Today is the day!!!! Hubby is stressing me out now saying he might not be able to make it home in time so looks like I might be having to go it alone :(

good luck honey i went for my first scan 3 weeks ago as i have pcos and have long cycles so couldnt date me as i needed to be on certain meds hence the early scan , they thought i was having a ectopic and had to get hcg bloods done 2 days apart after i got the results of the 2nd lot the got me in for a scan the following day 2 days after the last blood draw and it was a normal early pregnancy i am wishing you all the luck today xxx

Phew! Everything is in the right place :)
Obviously only sac and yolk can be seen at present so they want me back on the 2nd for a follow up scan, which I really didn't expect

Phew! That's so good! Sounds like they are taking great care of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->