early scan Updated!

emma2810

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
hello again ladies,those of you who have read my other threads will know I have an early scan booked for tomorrow,those of you that dont i shall fill you in...I had some bright red bleeding one morning when I was just before the 6 week mark which only happened once then turned to a horrible brown discharge for quite a few days,(this had since stopped with the occasional 'tinged' discharge now and again)so went to see GP who arranged an early scan for tomorrow 8:40am!!must be the earliest appointment ever possible in the history of mankind lol.
also I have no pregnancy sypmtoms whatso ever i did have sore nipples and the occasional uncomfortable boob this has stopped,I've had barely any nausea just now and again but VERY rarely,do feel quite tired,and a tad emotional perhaps a bit light headed now and again as well but other than that i dont feel pregnant :cry: its really getting me down and i just really hope baby is alive and developing properly.
so as you can imagine I am worried sick,praying to god i will see LO's HB in the morning and everything will be as it should be.
just wondering if anyone has experience of scans aroud this time?
how much water will I need to drink?was it an internal scan?what could you see etc etc.

prayers and positive thoughts please ladies :)
thanks
emma

Update:27/4/09
hey well i went for my scan today as exlained...and saw my teeny weeny baby there with its heart beating away nicely :) big relief,doc said no reason for my bleeding probably just implantation bleeding.also they have put my dates back 2 weeks so now im only 5 weeks :( which is a bit poo cos now i have even longer to wait until im in the 'safe' zone,but just thankful all is ok and i got to see HB.they did say HB was slow(which resulted in sheer panic and almost tears from myself)but then explained with me only being 5 weeks its lucky they could see a heartbeat at all and they would expect it to be slow at this stage,so that helped me relax a bit.
I have to go back in 2 weeks to check everything is still ok(pray to god it will be)
so my little bean is doing grand for the time being...lets hope it stays that way!

hold on tight little bean :D
xx

I haven't had an early scan so I've no advice I'm afraid. But I just wanted to wish you luck. I really hope that baby is doing well and it will be good news tomorrow.

hi

hope it all goes well - at 6 weeks i had an abdominal scan but they may give you am internal one. Drink at least a pint of water an hour before. If you have an internal they wll ask you to empty your bladder. x

i had a scan for exactly same reason hunny at just over 5 weeks preg with my daughter, they tried an abdominal scan with no luck, u could see her sac but no beat of heart so they done and internal scan which actually ended up more comfy than the abdominal, anyway there was heart beat but not very much to see "baby" wise mostly sac really, it was brill the scan i could see my ovaries everything even bowel...sorry tmi lol
so i wish u all the best of luck babes it happened to me and everything was ok thinking of u let as all know how u got on tommrow too xxx

thanks for all your support ladies :) i have updated at the top of my post!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"