Early scan worries *UPDATE*

Gretaa

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I'd love some help with my early pregnancy scans.

I had a private scan on the 3rd of November (last Thursday) and although I thought I'd be 7 weeks by then, I measure 5 weeks 3 days and the CRL was 3.2mm with a fetal HB present. (My cycles were approximately 35 days so it's nothing out of ordinary to see the dates go back).

Today, on the 10th of November, I have had an NHS scan, as a reassurance for my previous miscarriages. I didn't tell them about my private scan just in case they won't scan me (knowing the NHS in UK it was a huge possibility).

Anyway, the CRL measured 4mm and they put me as 5 weeks 5 days. Surely, that can't be right, seeing it's been a whole week between scans and I sure as hell hoped the fetal pole would measure at least an entire mm bigger by now).

To top it off, I've started bleeding this morning. It wasn't anything heavy, just as I wiped. Sonographer couldn't see any internal bleeding or any other causes of it, they've suggested I wait and monitor everything. I've got mild cramps/pressure all over my lower abdomen, and I'm so worried this pregnancy just isn't progressing as it should.

Doctors aren't doing any blood tests to see what's going on, which leaves me in limbo until I either start bleeding heavier and bid this beanie farewell, or wish for the best and hope it's nothing more than the uterine growth or implantation.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

I'm sorry but it doesn't sound good to have grown less than a mm in a week and I doubt they could measure you so differently. The bleeding on top also doesn't seem like a good sign. I hope things improve and one or the other were wrong, but I'd recommend preparing yourself for the worst.
Sorry I can't be more help xxxxxx :hugs:

I'm sorry :( I agree it doesn't sound good, but I hope I am wrong and little bean suddenly catches up. Xxx

If I were you, I would now come clean about the private scan. Ring the EPU and tell them the truth.
Hugs, hope it's all ok

I think you should tell them about the other scan so they have all information,I get why you didn't because yes the nhs can be a funny thing but now your even more worried and they aren't,when they should be looking at all facts.im so sorry your going through this,and I agree doesn't sound great but still fingers crossed for you xxxx

Thanks for all your replies, ladies. The bleeding got worse and I spent all Thursday evening curled up in bed with horrible pains. Still bleeding.

This is a fourth MC this year. I want to stay hopeful but I'm beginning to lose hope.

Good luck with your pregnancies, girls.

So sorry again, good luck with trying again when you feel ready xxxxx

So sorry to hear,get plenty of rest xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back