Early scan

MummyKP

Reaction score
I know it's early days but I'm considering paying for an early scan privately. Has anyone else done this? I should see my midwife around 8 weeks, but scan won't be due until 12 weeks, and I'm already feeling nervous that something will go wrong and really don't want to wait until 12 weeks for the first scan/to hear the heartbeat. I was thinking of booking it for around 8/9 weeks.

I paid for a private scan at 7+4 and it was really reassuring. I saw baby and got really clear photo's. One of them is in my avatar. It really helped stop me from worrying for a few weeks. The worry did come back but nowhere near as bad as it was before I even had a scan because at least it ruled out a few things such as ectopic, molar pregnancy or blighted ovum

I had a nhs scan when I found out I was pregnant at 7 weeks then I had a private one at 7+3 then another private one at 9 weeks ish (I had no symptoms, got pregnant on the pill & was generally paranoid xxx

I had 5 private scans with DD on top of the usual 2 NHS ones. I'm a bit of a worrier, and I loved seeing her on the scan, was so reassuring! The first one I had at 7+1 and got to see heartbeat. This time the earliest the local scan clinic can get me in this time is 8+6 and that seems ages away!

EsmaeAurelia how did you get an nhs scan at 7 weeks? I know they sometimes scan you earlier if you have some bleeding but I think I'd like one booked for around 8 weeks anyway whether I have bleeding or not. Thanks for the replies ladies. The more I think about it the more I want one done!

EsmaeAurelia how did you get an nhs scan at 7 weeks? I know they sometimes scan you earlier if you have some bleeding but I think I'd like one booked for around 8 weeks anyway whether I have bleeding or not. Thanks for the replies ladies. The more I think about it the more I want one done!
I went to out of hours nurse regarding sore boobs thinking it was to do with my pill, got my positive result but id been spotting (thought I was coming on) & because risk of ectopic was higher & I had no clue how far gone I was as id not had a period for about 5 months on the pill I was on I got admitted into hospital that night & had a scan the next day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->