Early sleeplessness?

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
Has anybody else had like insomnia very early on? I find during the day I'm exhausted, but won't nap because I know I won't sleep properly that night, but it comes night and I just toss and turn for hours without any sleep! It's really starting to wear me out! Have any of you experienced this? What did you do to help it? I'm going loopy :(

Oh, girl. I couldnt sleep for the whole first trimester and part of the second. Im starting to get more sleep.now, thank goodness. But i would suggest napping when you can. You need all the rest you can get and since you wont be sleeping well at night anyways, then a nap can do no harm. Good luck. :) oh and also, once you get bigger and are on your sides, idk about everyone else but my hips always would ache. A body pillow became my best friend. It helps having it between your legs. Just for future reference. :)

Oh, girl. I couldnt sleep for the whole first trimester and part of the second. Im starting to get more sleep.now, thank goodness. But i would suggest napping when you can. You need all the rest you can get and since you wont be sleeping well at night anyways, then a nap can do no harm. Good luck. :) oh and also, once you get bigger and are on your sides, idk about everyone else but my hips always would ache. A body pillow became my best friend. It helps having it between your legs. Just for future reference. :)

Oh you are reading my mind! Haha I start uni again tomorrow after my holidays though, that is going to be hell! And I can't sleep without one anyway, even now, I got used to having one years ago, they're just so comfy and take a lot of weight off hahaha. Thank you :)

The whole beginning of my pregnancy I watched the sunrise everyday!
I just couldn't sleep at night.
Iswear there were points when I stood up for two days straight.
I just had no desire to sleep and couldn't get tired. But anytime I did get tired I tried napping.
Now in the third tri, i can't get out of bed lol.
Second trimester for me was the best as i had enough energy for whatever :3
Also i totally agree with the body pillow thing.
Luckily oh and i live together so i always just fling one keg over him and an arm and rest my head on his chest lol. Very comfortable!

I have been insomniac since I was very young. I spoke to my OB/GYN when I was pregnant about it and he told me it was okay to use diphenhydramine and doxylamine succinate are both safe in pregnancy, I just alternated them so I wouldn't become dependent on one. :flower:

I have been insomniac since I was very young. I spoke to my OB/GYN when I was pregnant about it and he told me it was okay to use diphenhydramine and doxylamine succinate are both safe in pregnancy, I just alternated them so I wouldn't become dependent on one. :flower:

I suffered on and off with a mild form of insomnia, this pregnancy seemed to have just made it worse :nope: thank you for the medication advvice!

You're about 1 week further gone than me and gosh I am SO tired. I only found out I am pregnant yesterday but I've been feeling this for about 5 days now. During the day I can barely function because I'm so tired but during then at night, I wake up every hour and have periods of 3-4 hours awake, feeling shattered but unable to settle. :( Glad to know it's not just me.

You're about 1 week further gone than me and gosh I am SO tired. I only found out I am pregnant yesterday but I've been feeling this for about 5 days now. During the day I can barely function because I'm so tired but during then at night, I wake up every hour and have periods of 3-4 hours awake, feeling shattered but unable to settle. :( Glad to know it's not just me.

Exactly what I have! I plan on asking my doctor what I can do about it tomorrow at my appointment, so I'll let you know what she says :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->