Early spotting, what did your doctor do?

adrie

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

6+1 today, and a few hours ago, I noticed some spotting in my underwear, it was not bright but still there; seemed as if it were mixed with other discharge (sorry if TMI). I didn't even know it had happened until I used the restroom and saw it.

I have been using a liner but have had no extra blood or anything, maybe trace amounts of a bit of brown when I wipe. I do have some mild cramping; but I also am having bowel issues/constipation, excessive bouts of #2 today so not sure if some of the pain is associated with that or a miscarriage. I made a doc appt. for 1pm tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to expect.

Even though I'm not 100% sure of the date of my last cycle, I was not offered a dating scan, but just the first trimester screen at 12 weeks (which I have booked for August). I only had a urine test done to confirm pregnancy, and then the only blood draw is going to occur at about 9-10 weeks for use in conjunction with the first trimester screen. I'm thinking I want to advocate for a earlier scan if he doesn't offer one, and get one in the 7th week if possible.

Anyone else in a similar situation, and what has the doctor done for your situation? Thanks :)

My last pregnancy when I went in around 6 1/2 weeks my doctor ordered a scan for dating purposes. I was not spotting though. Later in the pregnancy around 9 weeks I did have a light bleed and the doctor in the emergency room ordered a scan for the next day. But my bleeding was slightly more than what might be considered spotting. This pregnancy at 4 weeks I was spotting and the doctor ordered bloodwork to see if Hcg was doubling but no scan yet. His reasoning was that spotting is relatively common in early pregnancy and if hcg levels are doubling there is no reason to do an early scan. However if they weren't doubling or increasing as they should have been, he said he would have sent me for a scan to see what was going on.

I had brown spotting around 6 weeks- i had a scan done at the early preg unit as i had a previous miscarriage and i was having bad cramping.

All was ok and the dr said it was implantation bleeding- so perhaps that is what you have also.
But it could also be digestion related.

Its hard to get an early scan in the UK- but you can book a private one if you think it'll put you at ease x

With dd1 I had a bit of spotting. Was after a smear test so was told to keep an eye on it. Stopped so no more action.

Ds-my bleeding was heavy and at 13 weeks, so had an ultrasound next day.

With this baby-I spotted pink discharge at 5 weeks. It was only for a few hours so I just booked a private scan for 7 weeks.

Tmi-but are you straining too hard with your constipation on the loo? This is a very possible cause. The straining can cause a bit of bleeding from the cervix as it softens in pregnancy.

Nothing. I had early spotting and since there's not much they can do they told me to rest, drink water and call if it was filling a pad

At 6+1 i called in morning to gp wit spotting and he reffered me to epu next morning. This happened again at 6+6 and same process. Aftee that epu allowed me to self reffer x

Thanks for all of the replies.

I went to the doctor and he figured it was implantation bleeding, which he said can occur up until the later weeks of the first trimester. I have been wearing pads for over 24 hours and of course, not a drop on one of them.

He basically referred me to the hospital if I experience a decent amount of actual red bleeding as it's the long weekend and they can do scans there while the doctor's office cannot.

I'm okay with waiting it out; I mean what else can I do? Morning sickness kicked in yesterday so that's encouraging also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->