Early sweep?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Has anyone had one that actually worked? :flower:

My MW has suggested i ask the consultant next week for one so ill be 39+2 and then another at my next MW app which is at 40+3 rather then waiting until 41 weeks. She is also suggesting i not be allowed to go the normal 9+ days over due mostly because of 4 episodes of RFM and generally niggly feelings on my part about how Fox is going to behave.

Im usually pretty against intervention and would have refused induction with the girls even at 42 weeks but i just dont think i can trust this babe so am considering letting the consultant put a plan in place for us.

I think mine was 39+6 or 5 (so not super early!) but hey, T-bags labour started at 40+1 so who knows :shrug:

Good luck chick <3 xxxxx

I had one at 39 + 4 and one at 41 weeks. neither worked for me :(

Good Luck xx

I just had one done yesterday at 39+1 and waiting to see if its going to work or not...My doctors wont let me go past 41 weeks because shes big and already running out of room so if this sweep doesnt work im getting induced 1 day after my due date....i really dont want to be induced..the idea of it is like im forcing my daughter out before shes ready and i dont like it...ive been fighting myself with the idea for awhile cause i knew it would end up being an option but i just dont like it! But now that the date is set ive been reading positive stories and feeling a little better about it...atleast it'll be after my due date so its not like im forcing her out early i guess.

If the consultant suggests early induction i think ill say 41 weeks. Its really not something i would have ever thought i would consider though.

Since deciding on a hospital birth his movements have really picked up so i know that was the right decision. My MW said he is in the perfect position and very low already so hopefully when labour does start it wont be a long one (cue a 55 hour labour lol)

I hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long!

I am glad his movements have picked up. Are you feeling a bit happier now you have made the choice?

Much. Im not looking forward to going to hospital but really know its the right thing this time.

I wouldnt be surprised if it turns out hes a bit tangled in his cord because that would explain his sudden drops in movement eithier that or he is going to be the most relaxed newborn ever lol.

I hope i get a nice consultant who isnt going to scare the crap out of me.

Would it not have shown up on scan if he was tangled in it?

He could just be relaxed, Oliver was :haha:

The hospital will be fine, I am assuming you have a birth plan?

The consultants there are lovely, I saw 2 when I was pregnant with Oliver, one male and one female x

Me and the MW were talking about it and she said it could just be his foot tangled or even his head leaning against it but then he moves again.

Consultant is at Horsham, its a lady.

Cant do a tour which is a pain because of NORO virus so ill be going in having no idea what its like but apparently its very nice now. OH thinks my birth plan makes me look like a cow :haha:

Oh I didn't think about his foot or something being tangled, I was thinking about it being around his neck.

Hopefully she is a nice consultant, I just did a search of your previous posts and saw your birth plan... looks fine to me. Like I would expect from you :p But no I think you have told them what you do and don't want!

Annoying about the tour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->