Early thinking- nursury ideas??

PinkTink

Reaction score
I know we are all WTT but has anyone had any ideas of what they would like their nursury to be like?:baby:

Hehehe I look all the time!

I'd like either pine or white furniture, with creamy/yellow walls! With a cute border around the room :)

simple but nice! so that it doesn't need changing all the time. Have nice baby pictures up and teddy bear's around.

I was thinking the same thing, I think I'll have cream walls, my brother in law can do anything creative so I was going to ask hime to put up a white dato rail. I'd love white furniture too I think it looks so clasic and sophisticated!!!

xxx

My thoughts exactly :)

It doesn't matter what sex the baby is either. I don't know whether I'd want to know or not. I think I would lol.

Am I allowed to say what I already have?Please please please,my cot is my pride and joy..x

Oh my don't get me started lol!
I deffo want white furniture I saw a really nice range somewhere a while back, with a sleigh styled cot. It was absolutely gorgeous. I did want it to all be pink/blue. But now I think when I fall pregnant I'd like to keep the sex a suprise, so I think I'd be going with the pooh bear range. :D
xxx

Ok so I have a white nursery with two white walk in wardrobes,white venetian blinds,one of those paper lampshades thats shaped like a ball..Also I have this set..
https://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...=1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=rita+cotbed

https://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/jen1604/Ophelia016.jpg

I realise youre probably not that interested but my cot and bedding is the one thing my in-laws really splurged on for me to say well done after I had a really hard traumatic labour.I never thought Id do that pink and girly but its got blue and green on it too and its sooo cute
https://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/jen1604/Ophelia009.jpg

That is sooooo sweettttt. I love it! And your baby looks so tiny in that photo :D :cloud9:

Those toys r us links didn't work, but what a lovely cot and bedding :) I'd love something like that!

Stupid Toys R Us links.Theyre basically just for the bedding and the matching mobile.I never thought Id go girly cuz we're really not like that (at the mo Miss O has on blue jeans and a brown baby Gap hoody) but I just couldnt resist!!I love white furniture too though.Do you girls go into the shops and look at it or do it all on the sly on the internet?xxx

hahaha I'm often looking on the net. I try having a peep in shops, but I'm too self conscious!

Awh thats beautiful!!!! well done!!!

I think I'd want to know what sex the baby is, but I think I'd like to keep it neutral anyway, really fresh.

I think Ive seen that white sleigh cot too, i think its from either mother care or mamas and pappas!!! some of the stuff you can get is stunning, just looking at it all gets me really excited!!!

xxx

Jen thats such a beautiful set and your LO looks so cute in it! - I really like it too!! lol
I do alot of looking at the internet- cheers me up! lol
I do like the white furniture but i also like the light wood furniture and bedding that is cream/brown/mocha! hehe xx

I would like something neutral - magnolia walls and maybe an animal theme as I don't want to know what sex the baby will be

I work in an estate agent and saw the nicest nursey today in one of our houses. It had a feature wall and it was wallpapered. The wall paper was like a turquoise blue with huge silver butterflys on it (i love butterflys it was the theme of our wedding). It was lovely!! Altho it was a bluey colour it was still ok for a girl too.

I am now searching for this wallpaper! If all else fails I'll just have to ask them where they got the paper from lol

xxx

Jen your bedding is absolutely gorgeous and so is your little girl!!

I confess I want a crib like this one https://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B00...1/185-2384620-9155506?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core

I will use the dresser I already have in the spare room as a change table, (just put a change surface on top) and I will be buying a rocker of some sort. I can't paint as it's not our house, but the walls are a nice enough pale green as it is, so no biggie.

I will definitely want to find out the sex as soon as it can be seen! Will be putting together one of those wall names ( https://www.wallnames.com/home.html ) and will be buying baby clothes and will get bedding for boy or girl particularily. However if I find bedding I LOVE that is gender neutral I'll get that and then just lace it with a couple of girl or boy coloured items.

I would love a rocker too, but I'd love a proper rocking chair but have been looking on the interner and cant find a big comfy one anywhere. All I can find are gliders and I dont really like them, do you know where you can get them?

Oh and that crib is amazing!!! So beautiful!

xx

I am honestly not sure, perhaps second hand and then stripped and stained a lovely cherry colour, will be how I'll go about it. If I can't find one I think I'll pass on the Glider too and go for an armchair that rocks as it's soft and appealing for storytime as the years go on. ;)

We live in my DH's parents house (we want our own place but no one can get a loan in this market, not even my dad who has amazing credit, and apartments are way expensive where we are), So I never got to do a nursery for my LO. I'm excited to do one for our next baby. I want to do an underwater nursery, I'm an artist, so I would paint a mural, and paint little fish on our white furniture. And when my daughter gets her own room I'm doing a fantasy room for her! A dragon, unicorn, etc. painted on her wall and fantasy inspired accents and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->