(Early) third tri moan... Sorry!

Hopefulk

Dd born 28.11.12
Reaction score
I love feeling baby move. I love knowing there is life inside me, created by hubby and me. I love the excitement of what is to come and that we will be giving Sadie a brother or sister. I love the fact I am having a successful pregnancy. And that is where it ends. I would go as far as to say I actually hate all other bits of pregnancy

• The worry (returning pre eclampsia being one worry)
  • The tears
  • The irrationality and intolerance and other effects of hormones that turn me into some kind of monster when I am pregnant
  • The insomnia
  • The indigestion
  • The heartburn (thank goodness for ranitidine!)
  • The constipation
  • The being starving and then not being able to eat a whole meal
  • The wind
  • The sciatica (? Not sure if it is sciatic as it goes from back to buttock, not down leg but bloody kills!)
  • The leg cramps that wake me when I do manage to sleep
  • The strangers who feel as though I automatically want to have conversations with them and discuss my medical history with them (I know they're being kind... This is the irrational, intolerant, hormonal monster bit above!)
  • Friends' and acquaintances' jokes about twins because I'm bigger than they think I should be
  • People assuming i am disabled because I'm pregnant
  • People not realising pregnancy is affecting my mobility and treating me like normal (contrary!)
  • Already not being able to get out my car without opening door fully
  • Car parking spaces that don't allow the above
  • Urge to kill my hubby (he's just told me my back hurts because I'm not as active in this pregnancy as a sahm to a 2yo who I take to an activity every day of the week -dance class, toddler sense, art class where I have to get up and down to toddler table height, etc as well as taking to the park/zoo, running after her when she she runs away from me, lifting her in and out of car and high chair and on and off of toilet and generally carry / push around all day- as I was last time when I was working at a desk but fair enough walking to meetings in different buildings. Told him to take a week off work and be me while I rest up and THEN have an opinion on my activity levels. And the fact I think it's a trapped nerve)
  • Guilt re these feelings because I'm so happy to be pregnant
  • Disbelief that I have 13 more weeks to go because I feel as though I should be due in 13 days!
  • The exhaustion
  • Guilt that I'm willing baby to be early when my friend is likely to have prem baby and is so worried about it
  • Worrying that all of the above will just cement the idea of no more children for my husband when, despite all of this, I'm not ready for this to be the last time!

Anyone else?! PLEASE tell me I'm not alone in being well and truly over it!

K.x

ps: I was so determined to love every second of pregnancy this time round after 'missing' Sadie when she was born and after experiencing how all of this just fades away as soon as baby arrives but no - I'm a grumpy monkey once again!

pps: sorry about the rant

And the stuffy nose
And the blood every time I blow my nose

Trust me, you're not alone! I am completely in love with my baby and can't wait to meet her, but I am so over being pregnant. The constipation, heartburn, ravenous hunger (and accompanying tiny stomach), pelvic pain, cervix ramming, mood swings (I am awful to be around right now:wacko:), back pain, leg cramps... yeah, all of that can go to hell.

The miracle of life is a blessing. Pregnancy, especially the first and third trimesters, is like the tribulation we must go through to receive that blessing. No shame in admitting that it can really, really suck!:thumbup:

Yes - you are not alone. I've been sick of being pregnant for months, and every week seems to bring a new ailment. I'm ready to move on to the delirium of new motherhood. If I'm not going to sleep anyway, I might as well have a baby to take care of and a husband to share in the sleep deprivation.

I could have written this post! Can totally relate. I love being pregnant but seriously don't like all the baggage that comes with it!

I really think second time around, it's just not the same. The love for the baby is the same but being pregnant is hard!

I've had a relatively easy pregnancy and I'm over it now. My mom says to sit back and try to enjoy it as it's the only first pregnancy I'll ever have, but I just want to pop baby out so I can cuddle it!

My lack of any reasonable sex drive has been awkward to say the least. Done with that.
I can also do without the hip pain, bloody nose when I blow, horrific illness with just a cold, having to wake up in pain 5 times per night and painfully turn over to the other side. I can also do without the getting up to pee half those times (though I'm not getting up 10x per night to pee, which I should be thankful for). Also done with being slow and awkward while walking and wanting to go for a brisk two mile hike on the trail with the dog but can't physically do it. The occasional night of severe heartburn can also go away. I NEVER got heartburn until I was pregnant.

You're not alone, I'm done too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->