early ultrasound not outcome i expected :(

emily3399

3 dd's expecting #4:)
Reaction score
So Ive been having period pains on and off for quite some time and it worried me as not had it in other pregnancies, so I went to epau today and had a scan which did thankfully reveal a little heartbeat but there was quite a big hemorage around it and the sonographer said it was old blood but its not a good sign having blood there, im booked back in for next Friday she said the bleed will either reabsorb or will come away so hoping things sail smoothly till next week and my little beans heart keeps beating and getting stronger x

I'm sorry this is happening and I hope everything works out well for baby xx

So Ive been having period pains on and off for quite some time and it worried me as not had it in other pregnancies, so I went to epau today and had a scan which did thankfully reveal a little heartbeat but there was quite a big hemorage around it and the sonographer said it was old blood but its not a good sign having blood there, im booked back in for next Friday she said the bleed will either reabsorb or will come away so hoping things sail smoothly till next week and my little beans heart keeps beating and getting stronger x

emily3399 - Hang in there. Hopefully, there would be better news at the next ultrasound.

I had the same on my early scan I go back on mon for another scan the tech wasn't worried and said most of the time the body reabsorbes the blood I haven't had any spotting so I'm hoping it's absorbed,
Try not to worry I'm sure it will be fine :hugs:

my little bean had a heartbeat so that gives me some reassurance the sonographer seemed more bothered than the midwife in epau the midwife said that there are some women who just bleed all the way through pregnancy and we just never know why she also said it could be blood left from implantation xx

I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw a heartbeat. I also had a bleed area that like you was told I would either bleed out or re absorb. I never had any bleeding and was scanned at 7, 10 and 12 weeks. By 12 weeks it had totally gone so I must have re absorbed it. Good luck and I'm sure all will be fine. The most important thing us you have seen a heartbeat x

I had the same thing at my early scan. The nurse said it was pretty normal, but just in case, they are going to do an extra scan at 12 weeks.

Now I'm just so paranoid. I keep looking for blood every time I go to the restroom, afraid I might be bleeding. :(

Had my rescan today and my little bean is hanging in there still a heartbeat and has grown from 1.9mm to 8.4 since my scan last Wednesday but the bleed is still there it hasn't grown and not really shrunk either so fingers crossed baby keeps fighting and when we go at 12 week scan the bleed will have gone x

That's good news :)
Sounds like you have a strong bean in there :)

Emma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->