Earrings

Gabi

Reaction score
The topic on taping your baby's ears back got me thinking about this.

For all the mommies and mommies to be of little girls.

Will you let your daughter decide when she's a bit older if she would like her ears pierced or will you just get them pierced asap so that she has the holes already?

Also were your ears pierced while you were a baby or were you given that decision to make for yourself?

I was told that it was up to me. I decided to have them peirced when I was 6. My parents told me it would hurt but they didn't stop me getting it done. However my aunt had my cousins ears pierced at 18 months because "She's a girl and girls wear earrings"

I'll leave that decision up to my daughter but I'm just interested in everyone elses views.

I got my ears pierced when I was 12. I think I will be getting my daughter's ears pierced when she's young, but I'm not positive. I'll have to see though what she is like as a baby. She can always take them out if she doesn't want them.

I got mine done when i was 12 or 13!! ill wait till my daughter can decide whether or not she wants them!! i would personally never have it done to them as a baby!!

x

my mum did mine when I was a baby and had them ever since!!! I couldnt imagine not being able to wear earings!!! :)

However I wont be doing it to my baby as I dont like the look of it at a very young age!!

I do not like seeing babys ears pierced, to tell you the truth. When they get to be 4,5,6...then yes, it looks okay. But it looks weird (my opinion!) to see babies with their ears pierced. If she wants to get them pierced on her own, then she can. My dad took me to get mine done after my kindergarden graduation. I have no idea why mom didn't go haha.

Also, if I do have a boy, there is NO way I will ever agree to him getting his ear/ears pierced! He's going to have to rebel if he wants it bad enough. Call it gender stereotyping, but I don't think earrings look good on boys at all! I see little boys running around with it all the time, I hate it.

I don't like seeing babies with earrings in. I had mine done when I was 13. She can have hers done when she's that age too if she wants

I remember getting my ears pierced. I was 3. My gran asked me the night before if I'd like to get my ears pierced and I was to think it over night. I decided yes. My mum went balistic lol. I'm going to wait until my daughter (if I even have a daughter) is old enough to make her own decision I think. I was really bright as a child so 'd maybe leave it a little longer than 3.

i think i'll wait untill she asks and then see how i feel at the time depending on her age etc xx

I had mine done at 7 and i wantd them done but i wouldn't get paige's done, its hard enough when they have injections and you have to watch them in pain! To do it unneccessarily(sp)- No thanks!! x x

I will not be doing anything to alter my baby's appearance cosmetically. Later on they can have the choice, but I don't think they need any embellishments when they are little - or anything that could get caught or infected while they are gambolling around.

I wont be having my little girls done if i have a girl just because I dont like how it looks. Babies and youngsters are cute enough without earrings. I had mine done for my 12th birthday!

When the time comes, i'll definately wait til my bubs is old enough to decide and talk about it with us.
I dislike seeing small girls/boys with earrings. I had mine done when i was about 8 and was desperate for them!!!!

I'm sorry but I hate seeing babies and even toddlers with earrings. I wasn't allowed mine done until I was 15 and I can understand my parents reasons for that.

If I have a girl, then i'll give her the choice of having them done. Maybe not wait until she's as old as I was, but definitely a mature age. I don't see how you can ask a 3 year old if they want it done.. surely they aren't old enough to understand the decision they're making? I know its only a few holes in their ears that can close up in future, but its still altering an appearance.

I've walked past shops where a mother is holding a screaming baby with red swollen ears and often wondered why the mother would do that. The baby doesn't know what's going on, is in pain and is very scared.
That's why I said I'll wait. If i could go back I would've waited for mine because soon after I got my earrings I took up ballet and I couldn't wear them so I had to keep taking them out before they'd healed properly. My ears got infected so many times.

I think I'll wait till my daughter is old enough to understand what's going on before allowing her to have them.

I had mine done when I was about 7 I think. I know I really really wanted them done and begged my mum for ages!!

Personally I dont think its fair when you see tiny little babies with their ears pierced, purely because it wasnt their choice, their parents chose for them. I wont be getting my daughters ears pierced until she asks me and is old enough to decide for herself.

I had to wait until I was like 12 or 13.... I remember it very well too because it was easter time and my mom gave me a pair of "Real" Earing as a present. I was so excited because it felt like my mom was telling me I was a young lady :) So someday when i have kids, I will wait until they are older too :)

I'm sorry but I hate seeing babies and even toddlers with earrings. I wasn't allowed mine done until I was 15 and I can understand my parents reasons for that.

If I have a girl, then i'll give her the choice of having them done. Maybe not wait until she's as old as I was, but definitely a mature age. I don't see how you can ask a 3 year old if they want it done.. surely they aren't old enough to understand the decision they're making? I know its only a few holes in their ears that can close up in future, but its still altering an appearance.

Well I did :\ I still remember her asking me and me being really excited about itl.

Emily asked for hers doing when she was 5 and Ant told her to wait until she was 8 to prove that she really wanted them done and knew what was involved etc...

fast forward 18 months and she hasn't worn them for ages, the novelty has worn off

I don't agree with babies being pierced, i think they should be able to make that descion for themselves

All my nieces had theirs done when they were babies and it didn’t bother them one bit. My mum had mine and my sisters done at a young age as well. If I was having a girl I think I’d get theirs done as a baby also.

I had mine done when I was 12. It was like my mom was saying that I was a lady now. :) I was so proud then.

I haven't pierced my little girl's ears and will wait until she is around 12 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->