Earrings

I just don't understand why

to be honest I think all the comments on "decision for themselves" is a bit ...umm.... not sure on the word lol!!!...

Because you are this childs parent and we decided on a lot of things before baby is old enough!! What they eat, what they wear!!! Its not like a tattoo!! And people sometimes pierce for religious reasons....!!

I wouldnt do it to my baby purely because I dont like the way it looks but I dont resent my mum for doing mine!! And I dont think it is a big a deal as waiting until child is 12!!! Thats just my opinion though!! :)

Just to pick up on one point there hun, i really do think that a piercing should be up to the child and not the parent, i know i wouldn't let my mum just stick a random hole in my ear now, so why should you be able to do it to a baby that can't say no!!

The amount of times i walk past places like Claire's and they have mums trying to keep tiny babies still whilst they are screaming their little heads off is mental

Would you Pierce a baby girls belly button? you know just to save them the pain later?

with a belly button it shouldnt be done until the adult has stopped growing so I dont think it is a valid comparision!!!

And yeh it doesnt look nice and baby may be scared but hey they have alot of injections etc young too!! My mum said I didnt cry!! :) although my dad went mad :hissy: lol!!!

Granted not the best comparison ever :) , but there agin your ears don't stay the same size either

I just find it really difficult to get my head around why anyone would want to cause pain to their child and stick holes in them.

I'm not getting at you Kerry honestly, i just want to understand why

Injections in my opinion are a different thing altogether and you can opt out of them if you like, but they are to help protect baby, Earrings aren't

Honestly they don't hurt the baby all that much. It's just a bit of heat and a kind of burning feeling that goes away after a few mins lol

I had my ears pierced when i was five and had real problems with them so had to have them taken out until i was about 14 .... i can still vividly remember screaming in agony at that age after it went wrong so for that reason my child can wait until they are a little older and decide for themselves, they may not even want them doing

i think thats just a bad experience though hun!!!

I def think at 5 they are old enough to say yes or no!!

Oh yeah deffo a bad experience lol!!

Yeh was like me. They would've been fine if it wasn't for taking them out every saturday while I had a ballet concert. They ended up taking forever to heal.

Really not trying to get at anyone here girls :hugs: I promise. I'm really just curious to hear the different views. Thanks for sharing! :hugs:

Personally, what I've seen with my stepdaughters is they don't have the knowledge to care for them properly. They had theirs done while a toddler and one of them would pick and cause them to bleed and scab over. And this happened over and over.

She's like me that can only wear gold earrings, but she didn't know that as a child.

I had mine done when I was 7. I let my daughter decide when she wanted it done and she was 7 also. I will definitely wait until this LO is ready also.

I got mine done at 12 years old and will be letting Bethanie make the decision on when she wants them done. I don't agree with getting babies ears pierced, but who am I to say thats right or wrong for other mums.

I got mine done at about 12 and had to put plasters over them at school for games etc. Over here in Spain it seems to be the done thing to get baby girls ears pierced, the majority of baby girls that I see have their ears done. If I was having a girl however, I wouldn´t have her ears pierced as a baby, I think they would catch on stuff and babies are always playing with their ears etc so wouldn´t they pull at them? I´d let her choose when she´s ready.

I've thought about this as i have been bought a beautiful bangle and they sell matching earrings which are little tiny silver hearts with a diamond set in each lol

I was 3 when i asked my mum to get my ears pierced, my older sister as having hers done at the time, and i was told it would hurt but was adamant to get them done, i would only let them pierce one side and for months was walking around with one earring in lol

My OH has said when she's about 15 lol

i got mine done for my 10th birthday. i wanted them done before but had to wait. it mwas my decision nd i think if i have a lil girl i will let her make the decision but like me make her wait till about 10ish. i think i'll make her (if it is a her) wait until that age as i think little girls should look like little girls. xx

If I had a girl, I'd let her decide when she wanted hers done. It isn't my decision to make.

I had mine done when I was about 7, and my dad was adamant that we went to a proper piercing studio, not some nasty place with a gun and I have to say it didn't hurt me one bit. It was my decision and my mum and dad made me me think about it for 6 weeks after I'd asked. Fast forward another 7 years and I went to get them done (again) at claires with a gun (how dumb was i huh?) and my god did it hurt!! I cannot believe that people let their children have a blunt object punched through their ears when they could wait, let their child decide, and then at least take them somewhere decent to get them done.

Now I have 8 piercings and I can safely say to anyone who's going to get their children's ears pierced... take them to a proper studio and get it done with a needle... it may cost more, it make look more painful but in reality it's not, it's far safer, and there's less chance of infection.

I would never in a million years get a baby's ears pierced! I was 24 when I decided to get mine done and I wouldn't let my child get pierced ears until at least a teenager and probably not until later if I could help it.

I don't want my daughter growing up thinking pierced ears are a requirement for being a girl nor that it matters how she looks.

If any of you are planning on getting a baby daughter's ears pierced, what about if you have a boy? Will you be getting his pierced too?

Stupid gender stereotyping...

I had mine done at like 15 , i wasnt really to bothered if i had them or not but i was a tomboy at a young age so maybe thats why it took me awhile to want to have them down..

I dont like seeing babies with them done , never have really. I will get my girls ears done when they are old enough to ask me themselves, I wont ask them if they would like it down however, Wait till they come to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->