Eastenders baby heartache for 2011

Eoz

Mummy of 5! Eeek!
Reaction score
This is so upsetting.I know it will bring back some very tragic memories for lot's of lovely ladies :nope:

EASTENDERS will start next year with one of its most heart-wrenching storylines ever – the tragic death of a newborn baby.

But the soap’s bosses are keeping tight-lipped as to whether it is Kat Moon or Ronnie Mitchell who suffers the devastating loss.

Last night an insider revealed it will be one of the soap world’s saddest ever plots.

Actress Jessie Wallace, 39, who plays feisty Kat, was promised big storylines when she made her dramatic return to the role last month.

She and Shane Richie, who plays her husband Alfie, had taken a five-year break from the soap.

And with Shane, 46, having already hinted that the pair will be involved in a massive storyline that starts early next year, rumours are rife that tart-with-a-heart Kat will lose her baby.

But with fellow mum-to-be Ronnie (Samantha Womack, 37) having already suffered so much loss, producers may well decide to heap yet more misery on her, sending her over the edge.

The Albert Square insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “The baby will be born in the New Year but will sadly die from a rare condition just a few days later.

“It’s going to be heartbreaking. The doctors aren’t able to do anything to save the tiny baby and there will be a lot of

unanswered questions surrounding his death.”

Charity workers at Child Bereavement said they believe the soap is right to highlight such a tragedy.
But they warned it will touch many parents who have lost babies.

Chief executive Ann Chalmers said: “The death of a child is a particularly difficult and painful kind of loss.

“Showing this on TV will touch many people, some who may have lost babies a long time ago when things were dealt with very differently.

“Anyone who suffers such a loss will need the appropriate support, which I hope EastEnders will show.”

An EastEnders spokeswoman refused to confirm which one of the two women loses their baby.

She said: “Everyone knows Kat and Ronnie are both pregnant so it doesn’t take much to work out when they may both be due.

“But it is way too early to confirm storylines as it will only spoil things for viewers.

awwww! defiantly sounds like its gnona be a sad storyline :(

big floaty kisses to all our angels :hugs:

well unless ronnie has her baby really early i think its kat since she is teh one with the huge bump

does anyone know what sex Ronnie's baby is?

This will be a tough story line for me to watch too :(

Tbh i think this is a tad bit disgusting to put on the telly. I love eastenders and i think it's good they show the support/what people go through but this is just too much IMO...i don't think i'll be able to watch it. (i nearly lost my LO during labour so that may be why)

I think they are very brave to do a story line about such a sad subject hopefully it will be well done and researched properly. Good on them for raising awareness though of what is still a very tabboo subject, huge hugs to those mummys who have angels xxx

i thought kat was 7 months pregnant already shes got a huge bump. so hers would be due before xmas surely?

Wasn't Kat 6 months when her & Alfie came back to the square a few weeks ago, and Ronnie was about 20 week when she said she was pregnant?

Regardless of who it is its gonna be a sad one.. :cry:

I think it is brave of EE to tackle such storylines, however the time of year that it will be shown is a bit of a suckerpunch for anybody who has a little angel.

I think the subject is far too taboo and needs to be highlighted, as long as it is done in the right way.

But (obviously id rather it was no-one) i hope its not Ronnie, can that woman have any MORE pain inflicted?!

I think the subject is far too taboo and needs to be highlighted, as long as it is done in the right way.

But (obviously id rather it was no-one) i hope its not Ronnie, can that woman have any MORE pain inflicted?!

i dont know i also hope its not kat ** not that it should happen to anyone** ronnie kept trying to get pregnant lying ect where as kat gave up her daughter because she was soo young :shrug: although if it was kat i guess it would make things "easyier" for alfie since then he wont have to raise another persons child

:shrug:

yes ronnie was 5 months i think x

Ronnie was already 5 months pregnant when she announced it, and Kat was 6 months by the time she came back to the square (coz alfie was in prison for 6 months) so their due dates will be very close together, so it really could be either of them!!

I think it's good that they are doing it, but I really really hope they get it right!!

Yeah both are super close but I just have a feeling its gonna be Kat. :cry: Its gonna be so sad

I think Kat because the unanswered questions could be because daddy disappeared. I know this sounds evil, but I hope it is Kat. I can't wait for Ronnie to get her baby!

i swear i got told my someone that they both have the babys at the same time and the babies get switched, and one of the babies die and is really the other persons baby x

Only just seen this. Id rather it was Kat -poor ronnie has lost too much. But then id rather it wasnt either, im glad its not real life. :(

i swear i got told my someone that they both have the babys at the same time and the babies get switched, and one of the babies die and is really the other persons baby x

didnt tht happen with someone else in a soap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->