Eastenders - Dawn

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I hope theres no other post! Damn dial-up!

Anyway what did you guys think of the story line? I was on the end of the sofa :shock: then the next day I heard on one of the channels there had been thousands of complaints which I guess wasn't really surprising at all.

I have bn glued to this story line n May comes off totaly evil at somepoint and here is where I think the problem is, she is obviously pushed over the edge by not bn able to concieve, that many of the ladies on this forum will relate to, I'm by no means justiftin the actions she takes but she is obviously is very ill, I know this is only a story line however the reality of not bn able to concieve for alot of people is very real, I think this story line has bn quite insensitive to say the least.

Stacey xx

Very touchy subject - And Rob I was sooo :shock:

But the complaint was about the kidnap sort of thing, tied to the bed & the possibilities & discusions of cutting her open & the scene of her fetching the 'equipment' ... I mean EEK that was a bit OTT of a story line? A lil sick? It put me on edge *shiver*.

Definatly, I think they did go very ott, It seemed so real when Rob left May for Dawn but take it it was all part of the kidnap, It will be interestin to c what happens tonight.:shock:

Stacey xx

they were talkling about this on the radio, iv not seen it for a while so dont have a clue whats happening!

I have bn glued to this story line n May comes off totaly evil at somepoint and here is where I think the problem is, she is obviously pushed over the edge by not bn able to concieve, that many of the ladies on this forum will relate to, I'm by no means justiftin the actions she takes but she is obviously is very ill, I know this is only a story line however the reality of not bn able to concieve for alot of people is very real, I think this story line has bn quite insensitive to say the least.

Stacey xx

Thing is on that reasoning a lot of soap story lines are insensitive. I know when they had the whole storyline with Diane and her ex attacking her I felt very uncomfortable and hated watching it as it brought up a lot of painfull memories for me. Unfortunatly in order for soaps to attract views they do need to do these bit dramatic storylines tackaling very real issues. It seems very hard to draw the line cause on one hand its distressing for those who have experienced these situations but in a positive way it can also rais awareness on a lot of issues e.g. Stella and child abuse, plus soaps would be very boring otherwise. I do think it seems a bit unfair and hypicritical though that both Corronation Street and eastenders have had to scrap child abduction story lines recently due to the situation with Madaline Mccann and they felt it was insensitive, but on that reasoning they shouldnt run any of these contriversial storeylines as a lot of other people find them insensite if they have experienced them. Having a similar plot on a TV show is hardly going to make any differnence to whats happening in real life.

Thing is on that reasoning a lot of soap story lines are insensitive. I know when they had the whole storyline with Diane and her ex attacking her I felt very uncomfortable and hated watching it as it brought up a lot of painfull memories for me. Unfortunatly in order for soaps to attract views they do need to do these bit dramatic storylines tackaling very real issues. It seems very hard to draw the line cause on one hand its distressing for those who have experienced these situations but in a positive way it can also rais awareness on a lot of issues e.g. Stella and child abuse, plus soaps would be very boring otherwise. I do think it seems a bit unfair and hypicritical though that both Corronation Street and eastenders have had to scrap child abduction story lines recently due to the situation with Madaline Mccann and they felt it was insensitive, but on that reasoning they shouldnt run any of these contriversial storeylines as a lot of other people find them insensite if they have experienced them. Having a similar plot on a TV show is hardly going to make any differnence to whats happening in real life.
I fully agree with what you said, the story line has not upset me in that way I have bn glued to it right the way threw I was only highlighting the fact its such a touchy subject for so many people and with that in mind I can understand several reasons people would get upset or offended by it.

Stacey xx

Did anyone see it today? i hope may doesnt take her !!

screw eastenders... is anyone watching hollyoaks!!! :rofl:

yesssss yvanne love hollyoaks !!! i dont know who did it,louise looks suspicious ! but then OB? hmmmm dunno !

well i think warren hit n run justin!

oooh damn im good lol!!! an i have no idea who killed her, i think louise seems overly suspicious! i only hope they dont drag it on!

oooh damn im good lol!!! an i have no idea who killed her, i think louise seems overly suspicious! i only hope they dont drag it on!

if claires dead then it has to be........tom.....he looks like a serial killer in the making

sorry cant be Tom, hes been taken away by social services !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->