Eastenders!

Ronnie is a complete nutter! I am addicted though...

xx

Which is why there was so much outrage at the storyline. Now thanks to Eastenders, all us bereaved Mums look like mad, baby snatching people who get carried off to the nuthouse :cry::nope:

and this is exactly why I stopped watching until now because the whole storyline should have focussed more on loosing your baby rather than the snatch although it raised awareness of SIDS I do feel there was no need for such a dramatic baby snatch storyline

I know, by adding the whole baby snatch part it, made it seem that the baby loss in itself was not 'dramamtic' or 'sad' enough :nope: I've struggled to watch it since New Year, only the odd one. If only it was that easy to get your baby back at the end. I know its 'only a soap' but at the end of the day, real parents are going through this heartache and they have made a mockery of it, and made grieving mums look like nut cases like Ronnie xxx

This is why soaps are suppose to talk to charities and organisations and get REAL PEOPLES stories and situations then try to portray that in a considerate yet informative way. Unfortunatley Eastenders has got this VERY wrong and the storyline should have been scrapped before it even got filmed.

What makes it worse is they do it to up the viewer numbers and I am sure tonight their viewing numbers were very high.

I thought tonight's episode was brilliant.

I felt so bad for Kat - she's probably absolutely terrified to believe Ronnie is telling the truth, in case it just turns out to be Ronnie wanting to be rid of the baby because of severe PND.

I've loved the story - I've watched EE since I was tiny, so I don't see them portraying 'a bereaved mother' as someone who'd kidnap another baby - I just see Ronnie do it because of everything she's been through. Kat's reactions have been much more typical and my heart went out to her the other night when she had a go at Ronnie and then threw herself into dancing.

No I'm sure no one thinks that! No one would think that all mums who have lost a baby are baby-snatchers! :(

The difference with Ronnie was she already thought she lost one baby, then she found out her daughter was actually alive and then died the same day, then had a few miscarriages and then had a baby boy who sadly died of Cot death - so she had so much trauma gone on in her life that she was just desperate... oh yeah and it's a fictional character in a soap! :)

But Kat also lost a daughter, who she had to bring up as her sister and had been abused and raped by her uncle so really both women have had trauma in their lives

Ronnie's character was getting on my nerves!

Glad it's out!

i wonder what the next big story line will be:winkwink:

Tanya and max have an affair maybe?

Jane + Greg could get together in the end?

Hmmm... I wonder actually!!!

I just felt really sorry for the poor baby actor who had to listen to all that screaming and shouting while having a camera pointed in his face and being held by someone who wasn't his mum. I don't understand why anyone would put their child through that for money, but I suppose that's another issue.

I think Eastenders definately need some light hearted storylines to follow this up now!

I didn't watch EE at new year - couldn't bring myself to - but have watched it for the last month or so. I think that Kat has been played very, very well and Jesse Wallace has been brill! TBF, Ronnie (Sam Womack?) has played the part well, even if the storyline for her was not good. I dunno if Kat and Alfie will be able to get back to 'normal' after this - that will be the next big storyline.

I know EE is not real, but I can't help it! They feel like my friends!!

I think Eastenders definately need some light hearted storylines to follow this up now!

Most definatly!!!!
can i just say ur little Eve is beautiful and i love the name xxx

I'm sooo glad this storyline is coming to an end, it was getting on my nerves everytime I saw Ronnie speak to Kat
I was like 'ooooo this is it' and they change it.
I'm glad that we actually got to see her hand the baby back and a little bit of an insight of what may happen, rather than her
Walk in the pub, look at kat and the 'dufdufs' start that really winds me up when they do that.

I think that the majority of the public will not see bereaved mums at mad, as hopefully, they'll be able to hopefully
Tell the difference between fact and fiction, rather than go pointing the finger at inocent greiveing bereaved mums as being the same as a soap character

I feel sorry for them all in different ways, poor Kat and Alfie had to say goodbye to who they thought was tommy are grieving and trying to
Ajust to life as best they can, poor kat how's she going to love the Lo she doesn't even know him, she hasn't bonded :(. Poor jack just doesn't have a clue and now its gonna hit him like a ton of bricks, he's gotta say bye to ababy
He thought was his son learn that his son has sadly died and then watch the poor baby growing up over the road that he thought was his.
And poor ronnie just paniced in a moment of 'madness', she regretted it straight after. I really wanted Ronnie to have a happy storyline after what happend with her dad and her daughter :(.

I wish EE was a bit more like corrie they have heart hitting storylines but also include light hearted topics aswell

meg79;10158551 But CAN she bond with him now? Will she EVER see him as her baby? CAN she and Alfie be "normal" after this? I'm not sure..... this is Eastenders after all lol[/QUOTE said:
How will little Tommy now deal with losing what he thought was his real mum and now having to bond with Kat :cry: I know its just a soap, but still ...
This is such a weird and distressing storyline and was discussing with DH whether something like this could actually happen in real life. Hopefully not eh :wacko:

So glad its all 'over'. Jesse Wallace has been amazing!!

In real life... this would never of happened. Yes there are people out there who have snatched a child/baby but doubt there are any recorded cases of a mum SWAPPING her dead baby with someone elses living baby!!

I hope eastenders now make the storyline more realistic.. i.e DNA tests to prove it is actually Tommy etc

Also, just because Ronnie has 'mental health issues' doesnt mean she is more likely to steal someone elses baby!! that is no where near the thought crossing the mind of a bereaved mother.. mental health issues or not.

I saw the heading on a tv guide, it said something like 'Kat gets her baby back... but for how long?'... :nope: i dread to think whats to come!

:flower:

So glad its all 'over'. Jesse Wallace has been amazing!!

In real life... this would never of happened. Yes there are people out there who have snatched a child/baby but doubt there are any recorded cases of a mum SWAPPING her dead baby with someone elses living baby!!

I hope eastenders now make the storyline more realistic.. i.e DNA tests to prove it is actually Tommy etc

Also, just because Ronnie has 'mental health issues' doesnt mean she is more likely to steal someone elses baby!! that is no where near the thought crossing the mind of a bereaved mother.. mental health issues or not.

I saw the heading on a tv guide, it said something like 'Kat gets her baby back... but for how long?'... :nope: i dread to think whats to come!

:flower:

Completely agree :thumbup: I know it's only a soap, but what a stupid, not very well thought about storyline!!

I could never get my head around how nobody noticed the difference between the 2 babies either :wacko: Once I met my LO her face was engraved in my memory! Her little quirks - her slightly bigger left ear :haha:, the dark blue/purple colour of her eyes, her hairline etc etc.... as if you wouldn't notice?!

Oh noooo to the TV guide headline!! Please let it just be over already! x

I saw the tv magazine headline as well. Kat and Alfie reunited with baby toomy....but for how long?:nope:

Surely they arn't going to make them suffer anymore?

I know it's only a soap and one I do watch all the time but sometimes they really do take the mickey!

Ronnie is a complete nutter! I am addicted though...

xx

Which is why there was so much outrage at the storyline. Now thanks to Eastenders, all us bereaved Mums look like mad, baby snatching people who get carried off to the nuthouse :cry::nope:

I don't think so hun, Ronnie was mad well before this. The poking holes in condoms for one :|

I agree with you though, EE is always miserable. They can't even have a wedding go as planned and cheerful, oh no, they need to add a bloody car crash :dohh: every christmas or new year is full of screaming or tears.

Completely agree :thumbup: I know it's only a soap, but what a stupid, not very well thought about storyline!!

I could never get my head around how nobody noticed the difference between the 2 babies either :wacko: Once I met my LO her face was engraved in my memory! Her little quirks - her slightly bigger left ear :haha:, the dark blue/purple colour of her eyes, her hairline etc etc.... as if you wouldn't notice?!

Oh noooo to the TV guide headline!! Please let it just be over already! x

I said the exact same thing to my OH last night, I could recognise Lucy from the second I saw her, people that say all babies look the same are talking rubbish!

Maybe the 'how long' part refers to Michael maybe fighting for custody?? :-/

I'm so glad its out, it went on way to long, i just want them to all be happy now, but i bet something else will happen, was a good show those

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->