Eastenders!

I do think the storyline is a little more deeper then portraying a bereved mum as a nutter tbh
I think the story is more about the mantality of a woman driven to something like this after a life time of abuse and drama.
Not only was she raped repeatedly for years by her own father she also had ongoing mental abuse and torment from him but she had her baby taken away from her then told she had died then to face her death all over again (so basicly facing 3 losses just in that one child)then to lose another baby because of her father and then finaly having a baby to hold and keep only to have him die as well.

So pretty much she has had to deal with the death of all her children plus the esential loss of having one taken away add to that rape, abuse, violance a mother that walked out on her instead of helping her when she was needed.
Im not surprised it all got too much and somthing snapped.

Im not for one second playing down the real life heartache of a mother losses her child but I think her story and the lead up to her actions is a bit more then just portraying bereved mothers as nutters

I do think the storyline is a little more deeper then portraying a bereved mum as a nutter tbh
I think the story is more about the mantality of a woman driven to something like this after a life time of abuse and drama.
Not only was she raped repeatedly for years by her own father she also had ongoing mental abuse and torment from him but she had her baby taken away from her then told she had died then to face her death all over again (so basicly facing 3 losses just in that one child)then to lose another baby because of her father and then finaly having a baby to hold and keep only to have him die as well.

So pretty much she has had to deal with the death of all her children plus the esential loss of having one taken away add to that rape, abuse, violance a mother that walked out on her instead of helping her when she was needed.

Im not for one second playing down the real life heartache of a mother losses her child but I think her story and the lead up to her actions is a bit more then just portraying bereved mothers as nutters

But people in 'real life' who endure those things or often worse dont swap their dead child for someone elses living child!

Just because of everything ronnie had been thru doesnt make her more likely of baby SWAPPING (not snatching)!

:flower:

But baby swapping is only a small step further then baby stealing and that does go on an awfull lot, most dont get away with it for very long but it does still happen.

Again I dont want to upset people that have gone through this but my personell view of her charecter wasnt of someone who had developed mental problems because of lossing a baby but rather someone who had always had those mental issues and finaly snapped and made a split decision grab to hold on to the chance of the only one good thing to have happened in her life.
She did it because she was disturbed to begin with rather then disturbed because she did it if that makes sense.

Ronnie is a complete nutter! I am addicted though...

xx

Which is why there was so much outrage at the storyline. Now thanks to Eastenders, all us bereaved Mums look like mad, baby snatching people who get carried off to the nuthouse :cry::nope:

I'm sure no one thinks that :hugs: No one in their right mind would think that! I'm sure the story writers have got the message now, no one liked that story!

After we lost our daughter, just eleven months after we lost our son, my exes new partner bumped into me in a shop and asked me to mind their baby while she ran back to fetch something she had forgotten.

He was born the day before our daughter and it was really hard for me to stand there by the pram with a baby who was the same age as mine should have been.

When she came back she looked all worried and said that she hadn't thought and I stupidly imagined she was going to apologise for being insensitive. Instead she said "you might have wanted to steal him might you!"

I shouldn't have been surprised. When our son was stillborn she told me all about her friend whose baby died at eleven weeks old and said "but she lost a real baby and got over it so you can get over this."

Some people really do think that this Eastenders storyline is true for everybody.

When you lose a baby, especially late in pregnancy or after the baby is born and you have been able to hold it, you don't actually want to let that baby go. You don't want to swap it for another one. You want to hold it and keep it safe with you forever and when they finally insist that they have to take the baby away from you it's actually like someone has stolen your child from your arms. You don't want to steal someone elses, you want yours back.

Eastenders used the baby death to make the baby swap possible. They thought "how can she steal a baby and get away with it for a certain amount of time" and someone had the 'bright' idea of giving birth to her own baby and having it die. This storyline was never about the true effect that baby loss has on a mother, the point was to bring back two characters with a big storyline and they didn't care how accurate it was or how hurtful this poor portrayal really was. The actors have been insensitive thoughout, making jokes, having a laugh and jumping on each other while filming the funeral and stating in interviews that they "enjoyed" filming it.

It's easy to defend the storyline when you are removed from it but when you feel it's hitting so close to home and yet is also so wide of the mark it's hard not to be offended by it, especially when you can't just chose not to watch. It's in all the papers, it's advertised constantly on the BBC, when I log onto my computer it comes up on the homepage. It's unavoidable. And it doesn't matter if no one liked the storyline. People are still watching and still talking about it and wondering what happens next. It's been a big success for the programme and I'm sure at the next lot of TV awards it will be up there in the nominations as best storyline or best acting or something. And that will be just one more slap in the face to the people who have been hurt by it all.

But baby swapping is only a small step further then baby stealing and that does go on an awfull lot, most dont get away with it for very long but it does still happen.

Again I dont want to upset people that have gone through this but my personell view of her charecter wasnt of someone who had developed mental problems because of lossing a baby but rather someone who had always had those mental issues and finaly snapped and made a split decision grab to hold on to the chance of the only one good thing to have happened in her life.
She did it because she was disturbed to begin with rather then disturbed because she did it if that makes sense.

Im sorry but imo u r completely wrong. How can swapping ur dead child only b a small step away from stealing a baby? Walking away from ur dead child is the hardest thing ull ever have to do. When ur child dies u want to give them the most special goodbye and funeral that u can, u want to show the world that ur baby existed... u dont want some1 elses baby... Thankfully ull never understand that because u cant unless uve been there.

I know baby snatching happens but u find just 1 recordedcase of someone swapping their dead child for a living child... It does not happen. Mental illness or not!

I understand what ur saying about ronnies mental state but again in the real world that would not drive u to SWAPPING ur child.

every rose - i wish others could understand.. all bereaved parents want r their own babies :hugs:

Thats what I thought when everyone was dismissing the plot at the start of all this, there had to be more to it.
I think this what was being portrayed last night, the fact that she is mentally ill and what the sick mind is capable of, she surely cannot be treated like a normal prisoner, will she be sectioned I wonder :shrug:

Thats what I thought when everyone was dismissing the plot at the start of all this, there had to be more to it.
I think this what was being portrayed last night, the fact that she is mentally ill and what the sick mind is capable of, she surely cannot be treated like a normal prisoner, will she be sectioned I wonder :shrug:

this is what i always thought, and if im honest it wasnt until reading the last post on here by jox that i truely understood what she meant.. i cant imagine anyone would SWAP the babies.. i think maybe the storyline could have been portrayed a bit better, if ronnie lost her babie and buried her own etc.. then went on to perhaps kidnap baby tommy.. and portray the story of mental health that way xx

this is what i always thought, and if im honest it wasnt until reading the last post on here by jox that i truely understood what she meant.. i cant imagine anyone would SWAP the babies.. i think maybe the storyline could have been portrayed a bit better, if ronnie lost her babie and buried her own etc.. then went on to perhaps kidnap baby tommy.. and portray the story of mental health that way xx

Why not just portray what life as a grieving Mum is REALLY like :shrug: Why add kidnapping, baby swapping, or anything like that? Your child dying is simply the worst thing any mother could go through, it really doesnt need all the 'extra's' thrown in for Drama. I know it is a soap, and the writers are obviously doing it to get ratings, but to use the death of a baby to do so is sick IMO. Its like Emmerdale, Lauren and Ashleys baby...they couldnt just leave it as a SIDS storyline could they, they had to throw in that he was swapped at birth. The Stillbirth in Coronation Street- disaster! I dont know a single mum who would have waked round with a dead baby in their tummy and not told a single soul :wacko:

Why not just portray what life as a grieving Mum is REALLY like :shrug: Why add kidnapping, baby swapping, or anything like that? Your child dying is simply the worst thing any mother could go through, it really doesnt need all the 'extra's' thrown in for Drama. I know it is a soap, and the writers are obviously doing it to get ratings, but to use the death of a baby to do so is sick IMO. Its like Emmerdale, Lauren and Ashleys baby...they couldnt just leave it as a SIDS storyline could they, they had to throw in that he was swapped at birth. The Stillbirth in Coronation Street- disaster! I dont know a single mum who would have waked round with a dead baby in their tummy and not told a single soul :wacko:

oh hun im sorry i didnt mean that in that way.. i just meant from a soaps point of view, if they had to use any swap/kidnap storyline, then they could of done it in a different way xxx

oh hun im sorry i didnt mean that in that way.. i just meant from a soaps point of view, if they had to use any swap/kidnap storyline, then they could of done it in a different way xxx

I know hun :flower: xx

tonights episode was really sad too :( Poor Jack :(

p.s. hate how ronnie had a full face of makeup on :roll: Even her eyebrows!

tonights episode was really sad too :( Poor Jack :(

p.s. hate how ronnie had a full face of makeup on :roll: Even her eyebrows!

:wacko: :dohh: says it all! I dont think I even brushed my hair for 12 months!

Im sorry but imo u r completely wrong. How can swapping ur dead child only b a small step away from stealing a baby? Walking away from ur dead child is the hardest thing ull ever have to do. When ur child dies u want to give them the most special goodbye and funeral that u can, u want to show the world that ur baby existed... u dont want some1 elses baby... Thankfully ull never understand that because u cant unless uve been there.

I know baby snatching happens but u find just 1 recordedcase of someone swapping their dead child for a living child... It does not happen. Mental illness or not!

I understand what ur saying about ronnies mental state but again in the real world that would not drive u to SWAPPING ur child.

every rose - i wish others could understand.. all bereaved parents want r their own babies :hugs:

Im sorry I didnt mean to upset, all I ment (im not very good at explaining myself) is wanting your own child back rather then swapping is the actions of any normal sane thinking person but she isnt sane and hasnt realy been for a while long before any of this happened.
I ment that it was a small step further for her because she was already so far gone by that point
Tbh I think it even got to the point that it long stoped being about wanting her real child but rathe. just wanting a child, any child, again not the thoughts and actions of a sane thinking person and just goes to show how far gone she actualy was.
Im not for one second condoning the actions of the charecter or even the writers as its clear they went way to far with this one and ballsed up completly what coudl have been a thought provocking and awarness generating subject if gone about it in a much better tactfull way.

I dont think people for one second think that this is what "ALL" bereved mums are like rather that this is what "SHE" was like as a one off individual.
When the charecter of Archie first popped up I said to my husband that eppisode "im betting hes rapped her theres somthing there thats odd between them" (yes I watch it too much) and im stil betting that Danielle was actualy his.

Im sorry I didnt mean to upset, all I ment (im not very good at explaining myself) is wanting your own child back rather then swapping is the actions of any normal sane thinking person but she isnt sane and hasnt realy been for a while long before any of this happened.
I ment that it was a small step further for her because she was already so far gone by that point
Tbh I think it even got to the point that it long stoped being about wanting her real child but rathe. just wanting a child, any child, again not the thoughts and actions of a sane thinking person and just goes to show how far gone she actualy was.
Im not for one second condoning the actions of the charecter or even the writers as its clear they went way to far with this one and ballsed up completly what coudl have been a thought provocking and awarness generating subject if gone about it in a much better tactfull way.

I dont think people for one second think that this is what "ALL" bereved mums are like rather that this is what "SHE" was like as a one off individual.
When the charecter of Archie first popped up I said to my husband that eppisode "im betting hes rapped her theres somthing there thats odd between them" (yes I watch it too much) and im stil betting that Danielle was actualy his.

:flower: thanks, i do understand where your coming from and what your saying BUT honestly have to say if youve not lost a child you view the situation very differently.

I can honestly say that very rarely does a bereaved mother switch from wanting her child to want any child. Like i say, i challenge anyone to find 1 recorded case of a mother swapping her dead child with a living one.

So my point it that the storyline is completely wrong!! It would NEVER happen but soaps are suppose to portray 'real life' iykwim

so yes, Ronnie has been thru ALOT and IS mentally unstable BUT even barely those things in mind I can honestly say in the real world someone who has suffered the same as her wouldnt do what she did. In other words eastenders got it wrong.

I agree with a previous post that a 'more realistic' storyline (wrongly tho) would have been for James to die, ronnie to bury james and then in the future 'snatch' someone elses baby. BUT again this is also VERY rare.. so y couldnt they just do a baby loss storyline without the sick twist...

Sorry for going on there :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->