Easter pregnancy announcement

We were hoping to announce in a few weeks, but because of our fertility treatments we had to go ahead and spill. I have to have a scan prior to 6 weeks to be sure it isn't ectopic and to know for sure we aren't having twins or more. I had planned my trip home (12 hours away) but then I got my BFP and had to postpone until after the scan. I couldn't stand to hear my mom cry over my changes so I told her and then I couldn't tell her and then not tell MIL. :wacko:

That's definitely a tough one, but like you said, with your fertility treatments, it's a lot more difficult to hide. I'm sure your family is over the moon.

DH and I were tempted to tell the rest of his family for Easter (since his parents know already as they knew we were doing IVF; IVF #2 was the lucky one:happydance:). But I'm 11 weeks and despite my 8 week scan looking great would feel better to wait until after my April 6th nuchal scan to tell everyone else (I'll be almost 13 weeks by then). DH is thinking of calling his grandmother shortly after and then telling his 2 brothers and cousin when they're going to help him paint the inside walls of our new house (we get the keys April 1st) that weekend. Then I'll also make a FB announcement as well.

I come from a highly dysfunctional, toxic family and currently have pretty much no contact with my toxic older siblings (who've been highly emotionally and verbally abusive, especially one of my brothers) so won't be telling them anything, they wouldn't care at this point anyway since they see me as being selfish for not putting up with all their abusive antics and trying to set reasonable boundaries:nope:

I feel you on the wine Hoping, I really love white wine so that's probably been the hardest to give up although I haven't really been drinking anything since we started IVF treatments November:winkwink:

That is completely understandable! I'm sure your hubbys family will be so happy to hear the news. I'm sorry your family hasn't been supportive. I have an aunt who is a very toxic person and I cut her out of my life (our other family members have as well) 8 years ago. It's tough when you can't share special things like your pregnancy with them, but THEY chose to have inappropriate and damaging behavior toward you, so it's their loss and not yours. :hugs:

I definitely miss my wine...but it's for a good cause :haha:

Well, I just talked with my Mom (still doesn't know) and she said my Brother, SIL, and their kids are going on a last minute trip out of town, so our whole family won't be there for Easter. Oh well. Guess we'll show up to my parents with LO wearing her 'Big Sister' shirt and wait for them to notice :haha:

DH and I were tempted to tell the rest of his family for Easter (since his parents know already as they knew we were doing IVF; IVF #2 was the lucky one:happydance:). But I'm 11 weeks and despite my 8 week scan looking great would feel better to wait until after my April 6th nuchal scan to tell everyone else (I'll be almost 13 weeks by then). DH is thinking of calling his grandmother shortly after and then telling his 2 brothers and cousin when they're going to help him paint the inside walls of our new house (we get the keys April 1st) that weekend. Then I'll also make a FB announcement as well.

I come from a highly dysfunctional, toxic family and currently have pretty much no contact with my toxic older siblings (who've been highly emotionally and verbally abusive, especially one of my brothers) so won't be telling them anything, they wouldn't care at this point anyway since they see me as being selfish for not putting up with all their abusive antics and trying to set reasonable boundaries:nope:

I feel you on the wine Hoping, I really love white wine so that's probably been the hardest to give up although I haven't really been drinking anything since we started IVF treatments November:winkwink:

That is completely understandable! I'm sure your hubbys family will be so happy to hear the news. I'm sorry your family hasn't been supportive. I have an aunt who is a very toxic person and I cut her out of my life (our other family members have as well) 8 years ago. It's tough when you can't share special things like your pregnancy with them, but THEY chose to have inappropriate and damaging behavior toward you, so it's their loss and not yours. :hugs:

I definitely miss my wine...but it's for a good cause :haha:

Oh I'm sure they will, especially his grandmother. She was so sweet when I told her we were starting IUI last year (did 6 medicated IUIs but none worked hence we moved on to IVF), so understanding and saying she hoped we soon had success and was looking forward to having another great-grandchild:flower: Adore that woman! Thanks Hoping:hugs: Yeah they definitely are impossible, especially my one brother is so unbelievably nasty and filled with contempt for me with every interaction we have (our toxic mother would triangulate whenever she didn't like me setting boundaries and mixed him into it plus change the story so I was always the evil one and not her). I think after all the drama he created before my wedding (via en email he sent me where he among a bunch of put downs and gaslighting he complained about the cost of his wedding gift to us and how much it was costing him to fly in since he lives in the US all because I was sad he couldn't stay longer and hadn't met my DH in the 5 years we'd been together before the wedding) I don't want him at my child's Christening, he'll just ruin it anyway:nope: It's very sad though because it leaves me without a family since the few ones who aren't toxic side with the toxic ones so I'm completely ostracised at this point. So sorry you have a toxic relative, it's so difficult:nope: But you did the right thing going no contact, when toxic relatives aren't willing to take any responsibility or want to change then there's no choice but to distance yourself from the abuse and drama.

Yep it's all definitely for a good cause, the best ever:happydance::winkwink:

Sorry your plans for an Easter announcement aren't going to go the way you hoped for but I'm sure your family will be thrilled no matter when and how you tell them:hugs:

One more day til our big announcements ladies so exciting! I feel bad I was Google searching bloat or pregnancy bump in Google but my best friends text popped up and it switched to the text there was no covering that up so then I was like surprise I'm pregnant hahahaha kind of a funny story but wish I could on have seen her reaction in person my mom would probably be upset if she knew my friend knew before her dh told his guy friends after the incident so after I tell on easter to family I'll tell the rest of my friends not wanting to do a fb announcement until 12 weeks to be safe.

One more day til our big announcements ladies so exciting! I feel bad I was Google searching bloat or pregnancy bump in Google but my best friends text popped up and it switched to the text there was no covering that up so then I was like surprise I'm pregnant hahahaha kind of a funny story but wish I could on have seen her reaction in person my mom would probably be upset if she knew my friend knew before her dh told his guy friends after the incident so after I tell on easter to family I'll tell the rest of my friends not wanting to do a fb announcement until 12 weeks to be safe.

Good luck almost! Ooops, hope your mom doesn't find out then:haha:

AFM I came up with the cute idea that when DH's 2 brothers and cousin go out to our new house to paint and they ask what color to paint the room next to ours, he could say something like "Well we were thinking of yellow since that'll be the nursery and we won't know the gender until baby is here in October." But DH is now backtracking and saying he wants to call his brothers and cousin after the scan on April 6th and just tell them over the phone:dohh: Ugh he's so boring with things like that, think he finds people making a fuss embarrassing and can better handle things like that over the phone.

we've decided to wait until after first scan, and unfortunately they wouldn't do it before easter, but we're having it next wednesday. We haven't told anyone yet, but as soon as we've seen baby is okay we'll tell our son and family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->