Eating Disorders & Pregnancy

hshucksmith

Mumma to William
Reaction score
Are there any other mums or mums-to-be who do have, or have had, an eating disorder?

I had very severe Anorexia (BMI 13.5) when I was about 14, and then I began binging and purging and have only just been diagnosed with Bulimia. I also have BDD and am petrified at how I will cope with a bump. I know that I can eat okay, and now that we are TTC I am eating regular meals and I am not binging and purging or taking laxatives.

I suffer with really severe constipation as a result of the laxative abuse. I go about 60 days without BMs until I have to use suppositories or laxatives, but after many colonoscopies and hospital appointments I am finally getting help for this.

I guess I am just nervous at how I'll cope. In previous pregnancies I miscarried before showing a bump, and I was really good with my eating etc. I just fear that if I fall pregnant and the bean sticks, I will grow to hate my body and be on a swift decline after birth. I do have a good support network, and everyone around me knows about my issues.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever been through it too? I feel so damn alone :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry no one responded to this. I dealt with an eating disorder around 10+ years ago. I am ttc now and hope that if/when I conceive it doesn't bring back any of those feelings. I wish you much luck and hope that you really take care of yourself and get help if you start to feel yourself getting unhealthy ideas.

I'm so sorry no one responded to this. I dealt with an eating disorder around 10+ years ago. I am ttc now and hope that if/when I conceive it doesn't bring back any of those feelings. I wish you much luck and hope that you really take care of yourself and get help if you start to feel yourself getting unhealthy ideas.

Thank you xxx

My recovery therapy is nearly over. I know my EDs have come in the way of pregnancies before, but I feel much healthier now.

I am so scared of weight gain, and I do not want to slip down again, especially when pregnant or PP!

I have had this ED for 12+ years now, and it's really starting to P me off...!!

Thanks for replying :hugs:

I have had bulimia for around 13 years now and constantly worried throughout my last and current pregnancy as to how it would affect my little ones. :( Fortunately my little girl is absolutely fine :) and my BN has been less of a problem this time around but I am still frightened.

PM me if you would like hun. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->