eating his fist

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My lo is 12 weeks old and is constantly sucking on his hand. I just read somewhere that bf babies that r preoccupied most of the day with sucking on their hand are not getting enough to eat. He seems to eat as he always has and seems content after a feeding but now in worried. Anyone have this happen? Is it normal? Possibly teething? Or not getting enough to eat??

Stalking because my DD does this but she's only 6 weeks.
I thought maybe it was because she had just discovered her fingers!

Could it be the beginning of teething as your LO is a bit older?

Thats silly... Babies put everything in their mouth n the first thing that goes in is fingers. Sure if baby hasnt fed for a while she/he is probs hungry... My lo always sucking her fingers/thumb... So much so i have trouble telling when shes hungry as shes not one to cry all the time.. But shes already about 14lbs she was born at 7lbs 14oz ...how well baby is feeding is best judged by output i.e. Whats in the nappy!

It's normal. It's the start of hand coordination, if they can get their hands in their mouths, they'll do it a lot! Doesn't necessarily mean either hunger or teething.

Also, I thunk it's natures way of building up their immune systems.

Although, if LO is putting hands in mouth & it's been a while since a feed, I'd just feed. I generally didn't leave LO more than 3 or 4 hours, mostly 3 cause if I left it any longer he would start screaming which meant he was starving!

Yup it's normal around that age to constantly suck on hands

Could be a sign of teething, could be a hunger cue (so I would offer, if he take he takes if not he doesn't). Could also be just that hes discovered his hands and hes bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->