Ebay/paypal question

sapphire1

Reaction score
I've just sold an item, and the buyer has paid for it but the payment is showing as pending. That's never happened before, is it a new thing? :wacko:

Thanks!

Have you had an email connected with the payment? Sometimes payments get put through as eCheques (something to do with them having a new account/bank not confirmed or something) and it takes about a week to clear.

In any case, definitely don't send the item until payment is showing up as completed :flow:

No, the way it was worded made it seem like the issue was with me. It says that I have to send the item, and will then receive the funds - confusing! This is an excerpt from the email I got sent.

You have received a payment from ************. The payment is in your pending balance and, if there are no problems with the order, the money should be in your available balance within 21 days. This will help us continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.

How can I get my money sooner?
You should be able to get your money within 7-14 days if you:

Send the item to the buyer's postal address as displayed on this page.
Provide the dispatch details and mark the item as sent on the Transaction details page.

It's just strange that I've never got that message before. x x

Strange, I've never had that. Maybe someone else will know... sorry I'm not any more help! xx

Thanks Tally. Just had another read, and it seems like a new thing to protect buyers if you haven't been selling very long. I have sold quite a lot of stuff since the start of the year, but have just moved so maybe it triggered it. It's a pain in the arse :lol:

Argh that does sound like a pain. How did your move go by the way? xx

It was good thanks. It feels like we never left here! x x

Ah that's good :) it must have been so hard with the living arrangements, apart etc xx

This happened to me a few weeks ago, I'll find the thread - you HAVE to post the item hun

My Thread
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general-chatter/1129167-paypal-ebay-witholding-money-21-days.html there we go

and this is Paypals stuff https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-holds-faq

Paypal like to pick on random people for this. You have to send the item and when it is marked as delivered/had feedback the funds will be released. The buyer no longer has the money - it is in Paypals hands.

Thanks AP :) I have just posted it, am paranoid it won't arrive now! I LOVE your new avatar pic, it makes me laugh every time I see it :lol:

No probs! Its legit so don't panic (I did) :rofl: Let us know if you get the dosh ok. i always wonder if the buyer got the money right after that.

Aw thanks, they are both as crazy as each other lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"