eBay problem

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right area of bnb but can't find another that's better suited. Just wondered if there's any ebayers who can advise?

Basically someone opened a case against me without even contacting me first claiming "item not received". The item said 4-5 working days delivery, won on Sunday and she filed the case on Saturday, so fair enough it was late but I responded saying it was due to Royal Mail as I had posted it and could she wait another few days as it should be on it's way. She received it Monday andessge through the resolution centre saying thanks it's arrived.
But she's not closed the case, the money is "frozen" in my paypal account for the item and she's not responded to any messages since Monday. The case in my profile says I need to refund before Monday to avoid case escalating if the case isn't resolved. But it has been resolved she's just not closed the case.

What will happen from here? What can I do?

TIA

Not sure, but I'd be contacting eBay and PayPal noting the evidence she has acknowledged receipt of the item to ensure she doesn't get a refund.

Hopefully someone can advise better.

Good luck

I think it will close automatically after a certain amount of time.
As for her opening a case without contacting you first this is something on ebay that happens now when you click on contact seller it asks you for the reason for contacting, the buyer will have then chosen 'item not received" and ebay will have opened a case automatically.

Thanks Mary poppins I didn't know that, eBay really is not supportive of sellers is it!

Do you know anything about escalating the case? Does the buyer have to choose to escalate it? Coz if she chooses to escalate after ignoring all my messages I won't be happy!

And yoyo I was wondering that, if she's admitted she received the item now within an open case for "item not received" I would think she can't still demand a refund can she? It's so confusing!

I agree eBay can be unfair on sellers. They have got a bit to big for Teiresias boots eBay, and seem to assume buyer always right!

Surely it says somewhere on the dispute buyer has to respond within x days on the dispute?

You could always request for the buyers phone number (I think you can still do this, you certainly used to) and give her a ring?

Make sure you email ebay as the exact thing happened to me exceppt she never said she had recieved it and they automatically refunded her as they said I never gave a tracking number in time.
she got 4 cloth nappies for free and it cost me £5.50 to post it to her :(:(:( has put me off ebay

Make sure you email ebay as the exact thing happened to me exceppt she never said she had recieved it and they automatically refunded her as they said I never gave a tracking number in time.
she got 4 cloth nappies for free and it cost me £5.50 to post it to her :(:(:( has put me off ebay

That's awful!

The way they treat sellers stopped me selling, plus the extortionate fees.

I went to the post office and they said 2nd class can take upto 14 days, it had only been 4 days and they still refunded :(

And yoyo I was wondering that, if she's admitted she received the item now within an open case for "item not received" I would think she can't still demand a refund can she? It's so confusing!

did she reply in the case box that she had received it? you can give ebay a ring and they will be able to see anything u have written to her/she has written to you if it went through ebay.
did you post the item recorded delivery? if not you should always do this in the future to protect yourself.x

Yeah she said in the case response that she had received it so eBays resolution centre can see that she has it, the item was only worth £5 so that's why I didn't do recorded delivery, puts too much cost onto the postage of such cheap items so buyers aren't willing to buy. I'm not fussed about having to refund if i really have to, just so annoyed that she didn't wait long enough and is now ignoring me. I have a good eBay reputation and hate to think this could affect it, but i refuse to refund the money if she has now said she has received the item. If she claims she wants a refund coz delivery was too late then I will tell her I will refund once she returns the item (which I'm pretty sure I'm within my rights to do now she's admitted she has received it) but how can I ask any of that if she isn't responding now?

Yeah she said in the case response that she had received it so eBays resolution centre can see that she has it, the item was only worth £5 so that's why I didn't do recorded delivery, puts too much cost onto the postage of such cheap items so buyers aren't willing to buy. I'm not fussed about having to refund if i really have to, just so annoyed that she didn't wait long enough and is now ignoring me. I have a good eBay reputation and hate to think this could affect it, but i refuse to refund the money if she has now said she has received the item. If she claims she wants a refund coz delivery was too late then I will tell her I will refund once she returns the item (which I'm pretty sure I'm within my rights to do now she's admitted she has received it) but how can I ask any of that if she isn't responding now?

Well of she wants to return it, she has to pay for the return postage, so she would lose out financially.

No I think the seller has to add return postage into the refund once it's been returned so it would be me out of pocket. But at least I could relist my item.

Still not heard anything from her.

^^^ that all depends on what your refund rules are on the listing.

mine always says 'return item within 14 days, buyer pays postage'.. i do that to make people think twice about returning things as doing it recorded is quite expensive.

in your case ide email ebay & explain that shes got the item etc.. x

Its always up to the buyer to pay the postage to return it to the seller so don't worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->