Ebay question (quite urgent) *Updated* I won it!

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Looking for ebay experts pleeeeease :flower: I've found a double pram on ebay I really like and it's pick up only. It has 1 day 11 hours left, no bids and is currently £300. I don't know naff all about ebay lol but he said if I want it it's up to me to sort it :growlmad: He did make a suggestion about emailing the seller because apparently they would have some paypal fees etc to pay and with the price it's at now those fees could easily be £30. He said to message them and offer the £300 if they would finish it early. He said it could be a case of because it's pick up only the location could be an issue for buyers and they may not sell it anyway. I feel really cheeky doing this but was wondering if it's worth a shot? What do you think? I have to be at work soon but I can email them from my phone. Advice, please :flower: xx

I got it!! :happydance::happydance: £461.01 woohooo!! Can't wait to go get it. Now need to try and sell mine :dohh:

Hi hon, if an item has bids on it the seller doesn't have a valid option to end the auction early. This is because when bidding, it's already a binding contract to buy/sell at that price if it's not outbid.

It would definitely be an idea to message the seller asking if they'd accept cash on collection - whatever happens they'll have to pay ebay final value fees, but paypal can't charge unless the transaction is paid through them iyswim.

Good luck!

It's worth a try, all they can do is say no!

The other alternative, if £300 is your maximum you want to pay, log into a site called gixen.com and it will bid on your behalf just as the auction is about to end (so that nobody else sees your bid so hopefully keeps the price lower).

I use gixen a lot and it's great (and free!).

most sellers will ask cash on collection for pick up only items because it covers them if you say the item was never received and you pay by paypal they have no proof they posted
i'd send a message saying you are very interested would they accept £300 in cash no harm in it x

as others have said just message and ask if he would accept £300 cash on collection to end the auction early x

Cash on collection ONLY.

Check the pram over before you hand over any money.

He can end the auction early if there is no bids and more than 12 hours let to run.

V xx

if the seller doesnt reply then bid and hope you get it for £300.
theres not a chance a seller will want you to pay via paypal if its an item your collecting- he will almost defo want cash and starting his bidding at £300 suggests that the least he is willing to accept.

I very much doubt he will end the auction early.

you can end the auction early even if it has bids. just as long as it isnt less than 12hours to run.

i suspect he'll tell you to keep watching.
the advantage in your favour is that he has a very high starting price which will put people off from the start.. also.. what time does it end? likely to be lots sat at pcs? like at work? or still on a the school run? judge the situation. x hope you are the only bidder. put in your maximum at 16 seconds left to go. then you have the best chance of winning it.

if you do win.. you can go down.. check it all out before handing over monies.. you dont HAVE to pay him if it isnt in the right condition as what the description says. x

Thank you ever so much everyone :flower: I've not emailed yet but I have been looking throughout the day and there's still no bids on it. It's got 21 hours left on it, so ends around 6pm tomorrow Tsia. I see what you mean about emailing to ask for it to be ended early and I think I'll just bid as it gets closer. I'd really like it but I don't wanna pin my hopes on it too much. To buy new it's around £620 for everything including raincover and my mum and dad said they'd pay £400 so I don't want to pay too over the odds for it with it being second hand. Thanks again. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->