eBay Question: Would you give your number out?

Arlandria

Love being Mrs.C xx
Reaction score
I'm selling my phone on eBay and I've had a few messages of how much will I see it for outright. I've told this one person an amount and they've replied "OK, hi do you have a contact number?"

They obviously want to strike a deal (I'm guessing) but I don't feel comfortable giving my number out?

Anyone else had this? What would you do?

Don't do it. If you want a fixed amount, sell it as a buy it now and get a Paypal payment.

Mobile phones are notorious for attracting scammers, not saying that's what your buyer is, but you don't want to end up out of pocket.

Be careful, do everything by the book, take a photo of the serial numbers before you post it & use special delivery x

I agree don't do it unless you add buy it now to your listing. There's so many scams involving mobile phones out there. Take close up photo's of EVERY part of your phone detailing every inch of it (condition) and serial numers etc (in case they return a completely different "faulty" or "broken" phone) before you post it out

I wouldn't. Personally after being pissed around on eBay before I wouldn't sell it outright without doing it properly, adding a buy it now price and letting them buy it through eBay. I definitely wouldn't give them my number to haggle though.

As above. Selling outwith the eBay system to someone off there is against eBay rules and could get your account in trouble for avoiding fees as well.

I would personally sell it on gumtree or a local fb selling page. Sold as is and payment by cash. There are so many ebay phone scams.

I wouldn't give my number out either - it's much easier to go through the official channels - helpful if something goes wrong.

Thank you x

I've messaged them and told them I'm not comfortable with giving my number out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->