• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

eBay!!

highhopes19

Reaction score
Omg yes another one! On behalf of my sister now!

Have to be dealing with worst buyer ever!

She won a top my sister sent on 3rd July second class standard as stated in description sent paid in her debit card £2.60 along with another parcel:thumbup:..

Got this message today

Hi

I have just had to drive 10 miles to pick up this item from the post office delivery office as there were no stamps on the parcel. It cost me £3.60 to pick it up and you didn't leave a return address on the parcel!

You now owe me £3.60.

Denise

My sister replied stating the above what I put on here.

The lady asked to see proof we offered to send a photo of the reciept over but she declined :shrug:. And opened a case instead stating were sending nasty messages!

I know its only £3.60 but its not the point. We asked if she could send proof over of the letter or note staing she had to pay the sending of it but she says she's has it,,,, we asked for a copy and she said no:growlmad:.

She sounds a dodgy character-what's her feedback like?
If she is threatening your sis, or saying she will leave bad feedback you can report her to eBay.

I just ont get some people on eBay, and I dont understand how it cost her £3.60?
Xx

She sounds a dodgy character-what's her feedback like?
If she is threatening your sis, or saying she will leave bad feedback you can report her to eBay.

I just ont get some people on eBay, and I dont understand how it cost her £3.60?
Xx

I checked her feedback and oddly its 100%, she's not as such threatening her just being a cow basically and downright awkward!

I'm also not sure how it coat her £3.60... My sister should also have proof if she was to get a bank statement

I reckon she got the top doesn't like it so is trying her luck :shrug:.

When she put how could It leave the post office if I hadn't paid for it and she said anyone could of put it ina post box... It wouldn't of fitted in a post box it went as a small parcel which is £2.60... Which she paid.

Whenever we ask for proof she gets narky with her? And when she demanded proof off us and we went to give it she said no she would rather leave it to ebay :growlmad:

If it was posted at the post office it would have a sticky label on it and a receipt ?

They charge you the actual postage plus a quid when things are short paid

There's a £1 charge in addition to original postage costs when collecting an item, hence £3.60.

TBF I would be annoyed as a buyer and its not her fault. I'd refund her the costs she's incurred.

ETA: labels coming off happens alot. I don't believe your sister is being scammed and as a seller I would doing as little as possible to put the buyers back up. Just get her to refund, send an apologetic email and ensure that when she posts items in future she gets a receipt for each individual item sent.

I'm selling loads on eBay at the moment if I happened to end up in this situation I'd apologise tell her I'd send the £3.60 to her apon proof so a picture of the reciept, I wouldn't want to just take her word for it incase she was trying her luck speak to ebay tell them you'll happily refund the £3.60 if she sends proof of receipt that way your not refusing it.

i actually had that happen once with someone on here! the label will have fallen off and the post office charges a £1 handling fee thus 3.60 would be right,she will have also given the grey card tp the sorting office. your sister should refund her and take it up with royal mail,unfortunately its a risk you take when selling on ebay.

I'd only refund her if she can provide the proof of it, if she doesn't want to show you proof then she can't want her refund very much.

How come she won't show the proof if that is what's happened though? Surely she would want to? Xx this is we're I smell a rat!!

I had this happen to me. Other ladies are correct there is a £1 handling fee. Also when i collected the package they took the card off me that they put through the door. So what proof can she give you? Personally if it was me i would pay her and in future put the sender address on the back incase it happens again.

Agree with most about offering the £3.60 as it's bad luck unfortunately.. BUT

No proof, no money.

She should be able to happily send over the proof to make it easier for your sister to see that she does need to resolve the problem.

I wouldn't refund her, she could easily had taken a pic of the evidence before she went to the post office

Of you have proof from the post office that 2.60 was paid then I would be telling her you will not refund it but you would be willing to take it up with Royal Mail on her behalf

I never send out a postage refund if its royal mails fault, I always tell them they can wait until a claim is submitted

See that's the thing we have not given her a refund
1- because I've spoken to eBay and they said we don't have to
2- she now doesn't want the item and wants to return it, so wants £3.60 plus item price she paid
3- she is refusing to send me any proof even though she says she has it
4- when she asks to see proof that we sent she says no she doesn't want to see the proof now!

Something doesn't sound right to me sounds very fishy!

Also she's saying my sister sent nasty emails back (when she was the one sending threatening messages which I passed on to ebay) when all my sister has been doing is explains what happened offered to send a copy of proof of postage and asked to see her proof Aswell.... To which when we ask these questions she gets nasty!

How could the post office label come off accidentally?? Those things stick on really well and there is no way to rip it off without destroying the label - which someone has maybe done.

I find it a bit crap that royal mail can charge twice for their mistake!

Glad you dont have to refund her. If she returns the item she is still going to be down £3.60 as you do not have to send her that.
If I was a buyer and this happened to me I would have taken a pic of the card and also the package once collected - THEN - contacted the seller!

How could the post office label come off accidentally?? Those things stick on really well and there is no way to rip it off without destroying the label - which someone has maybe done.

I find it a bit crap that royal mail can charge twice for their mistake!

Glad you dont have to refund her. If she returns the item she is still going to be down £3.60 as you do not have to send her that.
If I was a buyer and this happened to me I would have taken a pic of the card and also the package once collected - THEN - contacted the seller!

Exactly this! The first email she ever sent was you didn't pay postage on the top it wasn't stamped so had to travel to get.... You owe me £3.60 and I want it now.

My sister asked me to help her sort the situation out as she has been sending hundreds of parcel through eBay each month for ages but has never had to deal with someone like this before. So we emailed the lady back and apologised for what happened but assured her we paid postage went to the same post office we always use done everything the same as always.
Offered her proof of postage when she asked for it...went to send it but she don't want it or will she send a copy if her proof

I think if she handled it a bit different we may have been more inclined to give her a refund even though ebay said we didn't have to, but the way she's speaking to us is appalling but then having the nerve to say we're sending her nasty messages I've read all messages and copied them on to ebay resolution centre

I find it very odd how she says she has proof but it unwilling to actually show proof. She clearly doesn't have any. At least you don't have to pay it if eBay says so. I'd probably put her on your ban list too, seems fishy to me and wouldn't want to deal with her again.

For every 100 good ebayers out there, there is one bad one.
I had someone threatening to report me to eBay for not contacting them immediately after I sold something, then she contacted me demanding feedback. So aggressive.
Sure eBay will look upon the way she has gone about this, and her lack of evidence in your sisters favour xx

Fingers crossed does seem most the time though eBay always sides in the buyers corner even when they are blatantly in the wrong.

Just have to wait and see now I guess..l its so frustrating though that she asks to see evidence probably thinking my sister would say she doesn't any and when offering to send she says no

Deffinalty gonna get my sister to block this buyer once the case is sorted x

I think if you are sending lots of parcels every month then its worth the £3.60 to refund,its hardly very much. The buyer will still be able to give you negative feedback which will put off future buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->