• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

eBay!!

I think if you are sending lots of parcels every month then its worth the £3.60 to refund,its hardly very much. The buyer will still be able to give you negative feedback which will put off future buyers.

Lots of parcels each month is between me and my sister... Me selling Isabelle's old clothes and my sister selling her converses which she designs. She may have got her refund if she sent proof like asked or let us send the proof she asked for.

She now doesn't just want the refund of £3.60 she wants refund for item Aswell... Which makes it sound even more fishy

I don't think she should refund her regardless, it's not the sellers responsibility if it's a mistake by the Royal Mail - much like how a buyer needs to pay for customs charges. It's the risk you take when you buy something via post. Yes, if you didn't wrap the item up properly and it's broken because of this - that's a sellers responsibility. But if your sister has a receipt again, I think it's the risk you take as a buyer.

I wouldn't refund a buyer if it wasn't my fault just to preserve my feedback

That's what's wrong with ebay nowadays

Sellers are more worried about feedback than what's actually right

The problem he lies with Royal Mail not the seller

I don't think she should refund her regardless, it's not the sellers responsibility if it's a mistake by the Royal Mail - much like how a buyer needs to pay for customs charges. It's the risk you take when you buy something via post. Yes, if you didn't wrap the item up properly and it's broken because of this - that's a sellers responsibility. But if your sister has a receipt again, I think it's the risk you take as a buyer.

It's not a risk you take buying by post, you pay for a service and that's what you expect to receive, if buying things online etc carried risks no one would do it. I can see the buyers side here, she's paid for postage once why should she pay it again?! Saying that I can also see the sellers point in that she too has paid postage however it is up to the seller to claim via Royal Mail as her contract is with them, the buyers with the seller.

If it was me I'd message the buyer one more time and politely explain you have no issues refunding her the £3.60 if she provides proof she has indeed had to pay this, I'd also explain you have asked eBay's advice and they have said you are under no obligation to refund but you like to keep your buyers happy however you need the proof to claim back from Royal Mail. Lastly tell her once the postage issue is resolved if she still wants to return the item she can however she will only receive back the money she paid minus postage and fees, she'll soon change her mind. Your sister can then claim through Royal Mail and will only be £1 out of pocket.

I think if you are sending lots of parcels every month then its worth the £3.60 to refund,its hardly very much. The buyer will still be able to give you negative feedback which will put off future buyers.

Even with a refund she could still give negative feedback regardless, reading through a few sellers reviews the negative ones usually say, refund given but wasn't satisfied with item, so it doesn't matter if you do right or wrong in this situation because the buyer can still give bad feedback.

no when you purchase something you pay for a service,the person taking the risk is the seller!! I would personally refund the cost the seller paid and nothing else,obv not double!

In this instance it is Royal Mail who provided the service that the buyer has the issue with though, not the seller?

no when you purchase something you pay for a service,the person taking the risk is the seller!! I would personally refund the cost the seller paid and nothing else,obv not double!

Yeah but she's done her service sold the item taken it to the post office and has the reciept to prove this

In this instance it is Royal Mail who provided the service that the buyer has the issue with though, not the seller?

In this instance royal mail were employed by the seller as it was the seller who posted the item so the seller claims back from royal mail. If i order a book from amazon and they ask royal mail to deliver if i dont get it i would expect amazon to refund me (which they would), i would not claim from royal mail.

however the whole story doesnt make sense, i would let ebay sort it out, hopefully it will be in your favour.

In this instance royal mail were employed by the seller as it was the seller who posted the item so the seller claims back from royal mail. If i order a book from amazon and they ask royal mail to deliver if i dont get it i would expect amazon to refund me (which they would), i would not claim from royal mail.

however the whole story doesnt make sense, i would let ebay sort it out, hopefully it will be in your favour.

Yes I absolutely agree with that, however I would be telling the seller that I would make the claim on their behalf via Royal Mail

I wouldn't put myself out of pocket for a huge companies mistake

I had two bad experiences like this in the past and as a consequence I only just recently started selling on eBay again after 5 years or so. First incident, the dress I was selling I very clearly wrote in the description that it was brand new without tags and labels and was in effect homemade as it was made by traditional dressmakers in the Middle East. A woman bought the item and then complained it looked homemade and had no tags and thus she couldn't give it as a gift as intended. When I pointed out what it said in the item description and that I wasn't 'lying' as she out and out accused me of. she then started saying I only sent it normal second class and the postman threw it in her garden, and was trying to blame me for it-I sent it recorded and had proof. She then left me neutral feedback thankfully not a negative but still annoying. Then a while later similar happened with another buyer who said the postman put the item in her bin and it nearly got taken by the binmen, again the postman had allegedly ripped off the recorded labels. She tried to blame me for all of this like its my fault she has a crooked postman in her area!? Still I felt pressured to refund the postage, which I did. So now I am a tad cynical about eBay buyers who try to claim there were no labels on the item xx

Yes I absolutely agree with that, however I would be telling the seller that I would make the claim on their behalf via Royal Mail

I wouldn't put myself out of pocket for a huge companies mistake

I agree with this.

I wouldn't refund a buyer if it wasn't my fault just to preserve my feedback

That's what's wrong with ebay nowadays

Sellers are more worried about feedback than what's actually right

The problem he lies with Royal Mail not the seller

I agree re the feedback preservation-if anyone threatens you with bad feedback, in return for a demand, you can report them for feedback extortion.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->